Google

11.17.2014

Toni & Guy Braided Updo Tutorial



* Press Sample


Hello Loves!

  I was lucky enough to work with Toni & Guy and Birchbox to create a hair tutorial, based on their "Hair Meets Wardrobe" line. By dividing products into categories like Casual, Classic, Glam and Creative, it's much easier to find the perfect product!

Now on to the hairstyle I came up with!



Click to see learn more!
  1. Divide the hair into three sections, clipping them up.
  2. Using the Sea Salt Texturising Spray, mist one of the side sections, to give some texture.
  3. Dutch-braid the section, don't worry about braiding too tight. Use an elastic at the end, with some space
  4. Since you've left some space at the end, you can pull apart/loosen the braid to keep from looking to fussy.
  5. Repeat steps 2-4 on the other side.
  6. Sprinkle some of the Sculpting Powder onto the middle section, to help with volume and texture. Then massage it into the roots
  7. Spray some of the Sea Salt Texturising Spray as well.
  8. Gently tease, to give some lift
  9. Pin into place and gather the hair into a ponytail
  10. Loosely braid, I opted for a fishtail, but a three-strand braid works as well
  11. Wrap the braid around the ponytail and pin into place
  12. Take the two remaining braids, and wrap them as well, pinning them. It should feel pretty secure.
  13. Spray either the Medium Hold or Firm Hold hairspray, depending on your hair texture. I also smoothed some of the Shine Gloss serum over the top and the braids.

It's hard to say whether this is Creative or Classic, you can tweak it based on how much you tease, how loose or tight the braids are.








Toni & Guy was generous enough to send the products above so I could test them out! So far, I've obsessed with the Sea Salt Texturising Spray, Smoothing Lotion and Spray Style Wax!

See any products you like? If you would like to see some more hair tutorials, let me know!


While I received these items for review, it in no way affects my opinion.  For more information please check out my disclosure policy.

Let's get social!

12 comments :

  1. Your hair is a beautiful colour! This looks amazing, I really need to master Dutch braids.

    Jess xo
    http://just-jesss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your purple hair!!! & that tutorial looks so complicated hahaha don't think my result would come out as neat as yours! It looks amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh this looks fabulous! I love the hair style in the first picture and you look lovely! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair is gorgeous! :)
    I really want to go lilac! I love the hair style too!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how structured and textured it looks! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks gorgeous! Too bad I don't have long hair :(

    Laura
    Pink Frenzy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how this looks, I would never be able to do it myself though x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your hair looks fab and easy to read instructions too. What an amazing opportunity too x

    ReplyDelete
  9. that's such a beautiful hairstyle!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. if you want to, enter my christmas giveaway to win £660+ worth of beauty products! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so gorgeous on you! So so pretty! I love the colour of your hair too, I've been toying with the idea of lilac for a while xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow you did a great job! I can see you know your way around a braid hairstyle! :) Looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment below, I'll try my best to get back to you!