Google

7.01.2014

Smoky Brown Look

Smoky brown makeup tutorial using Pixi Beauty Plum Quartz palette
 *PR sample

Hello loves! I've got another look using the Pixi Beauty Mesmerizing Minerals palette in Plum Quartz, this time something smokier. I love using colors for a smokey look, especially brown. They can be much easier to pull off, particularly if you want something that can go from day to night.

Here's what I did:
  • Using a fluffy brush, sweep the champagne shadow under the brow. 
  • Then apply the dark olive/brown all over the lid. I misted my brush beforehand for maximum color intensity. FYI I'm using NYX eye shadow primer in Natural.
  • With a crease brush, apply the bronze shadow, taking care to blend well, not going for a cut crease!
  • The dark brown satin color makes a great liner shade (I misted my brush for this as well), lining the top and bottom.


For the rest of this look:
  • Cover FX BB Gel Mattifying Anti-Blemish Treatment in N Medium. I love the finish on this, it lets my skin and freckles show through.
  • Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Brunette
  • Laura Geller Glam Lash mascara
  • Pixi Beauty Shea Butter Lip Balm in Honey Nectar.

I really love how this color combination brought out the more golden tones in my eyes. As for the lip, I went with a lip balm, but you can easily use a matte nude or even a coral lip for some color.


While I received these items for review, it in no way affects my opinion.  For more information please check out my disclosure policy.
Let's get social!

8 comments :

  1. This is so soft and gorgeous looking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was going for something soft. Smoky doesn't always have to mean black eye shadow!

      Delete
  2. Love this look on you! You are just beautiful! <3

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment below, I'll try my best to get back to you!