Google

7.03.2014

Alessandro Nail Polish



Alessandro Nude Elegance

*Press Sample

Hello  loves! Today I've got some amazing polishes from Alessandro International! As if being a Tweezerman Ambassador weren't enough, the program also includes Alessandro International (their sister company). I received a welcome package that included their hand cream, along with 5 of their polishes.

Click for more swatches and details!
Above is one of my new favorites, Nude Elegance. You may have seen a sneak peek of it as "underwear" for my Cirque Colors Galinda manicure. It's a milky pink-beige, similar to Essie Ballet Slippers or Mademoiselle. What is impressive about this polish is the lack of streakiness typical in these types of polishes. Above I've used two coats, and the nail line is still visible, which I'm fine with (for this kind of color). It can be built up to be opaque but I like how "squishy" it looks! I'm sure this would be a great color for a jelly sandwich or a French manicure.

alessandro peppermint patty

Next up is Peppermint Patty, a minty blue, fairly similar to Mint Candy Apple. It dries a little bluer than it looks in the bottle. As you can see it looks a little uneven, I'm assuming due to the fact that its a pastel color. I'm sure a little top coat would even it out, I only used two coats and no top coat to show how shiny it dries.

alessandro Purple Purpose

Next up is Purple Purpose, a reddish purple glass-fleck. I had a tough time photographing this one, I wanted to show how sparkly and pretty it is! I used two coats, and it was opaque.

alessandro Wild Safari

Here is Wild Safari, another color that flipped my camera out. While it looks like a greenish teal in photos, it looks much more green in person. As with any green or blue, I highly recommend a base coat to prevent staining. At the first coat, I thought I would have to build it because it looked more like a jelly. However the second coat made it opaque. Love this color for summer!

alessandro Red Carpet

Last but certainly not least, here is Red Carpet. A classic true red, that is neither overly warm or cool toned. If you're looking for an easy, creamy red, this one is perfect! Here I used two coats, and it went on evenly.

Overall, I'm super impressed with the polishes I tried out. They were all perfect in two coats and dried super glossy (I didn't even add top coat!) Since these were swatches, I can't speak for wear, with the exception of Nude Elegance, which I was able to wear for FOUR days without a chip! You can find Alessandro polishes here, they retail for $9.50

While I received these items for review, it in no way affects my opinion.  For more information please check out my disclosure policy.

Let's get social!

6 comments :

  1. These polishes are so great! I like Peppermint Patty and Wild Safari!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, they are even prettier in person!

      Delete
  2. Peppermint Patty looks really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is! I prefer it over Essie Mint Candy Apple.

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous colors and your nails are perfect! <3

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment below, I'll try my best to get back to you!