Google

6.25.2014

Pixi Mesmerizing Mineral Palette & Shea Butter Lip Balm

Pixi Beauty spring 2014
*PR Sample

 Hello loves! Today I've got some goodies from a brand I'm quickly falling in love with. You've heard me mention their Glow Tonic, now I've got some of their color line to play with! Pixi Beauty was generous enough to send over one of their Mesmerizing Mineral Palettes in Plum Quartz, and a couple of their Shea Butter Lip Balms in Pixi Pink and Honey Nectar.

Click for more pics and details!

pixi beauty mesmerizing minerals plum quartz

The Mesmerizing Mineral Palettes consists of 6 shimmery/satiny eyeshadows. I received the Plum Quartz palette but there are two other palettes available: Emerald Gold and Copper Peach. A sponge applicator is included but I prefer to use brushes. I do like using these type of sponges for gradient nail art!

pixi beauty mesmerizing minerals plum quartz swatches

Plum Quartz is described as "plum, cocoa and pinky-nude shades" which is pretty accurate to the swatches above. I swatched them without primer, on the back of my hand. I'm really impressed with the pigmentation, especially with the first 2 shades. As you can see, they go on fairly shimmery, but you can diffuse the shimmer by buffing them in.

I've created a few looks using this palette so stay tuned!

pixi beauty shea butter lip balm honey nectar pixi pink

Now onto the lip balms... I was curious to try these out because I'm always looking for a good lip balm (my lips dry easily). These balms contain Shea Butter, as well as Vitamin E, to protect an nourish lips. It's your standard twist-up design, easy to keep in your purse or pocket.

pixi beauty shea butter lip balm Honey Nectar swatch

First up is Honey Nectar, a "true nude". This color is perfect to tone down pigmented lips, as well as adding a caramel/nude tint.

pixi beauty shea butter lip balm Pixi Pink swatch

Next is Pixi Pink, a "fresh vivid pink". This pink leans slightly blue so it is great for brightening up your smile!

When it comes to lip balms, one of my pet peeves is when they build up in the corner of the lips... Happy to report that is not the case with these balms. They go on smoothly, the moisture lasts for a few hours and the color builds up nicely. These can be worn alone, over lip liner or under lipstick.

So far I'm really loving both the eyeshadows and the lip balms... You can find both at either Pixi or Target online. The Mesmerizing Palette go for $12, and the Shea Butter Lip Balms are $8 each.

See anything you like?

While I received these items for review, it in no way affects my opinion.  For more information please check out my disclosure policy.


Let's get social!

11 comments :

  1. The lighter shades in the palette look so gorgeous, and it's so rare to see such an affordable product have nice burgundy and dark olive shades! Great pick, thanks for the review (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I"m glad you enjoyed it! The darker shades are great to work with.

      Delete
  2. Pretty shades in the palette! Similar to PurMinerals Jupiter Ascending that costs much more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a very versatile palette, with a great price point!

      Delete
  3. I have fallen in love with Pixi after trying their tinted lip crayon recently. Those balms are so pigmented for lipbalms! And that palette - WANT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember using those balms on clients when I worked an event for Pixi, they ARE great!

      Delete

Feel free to comment below, I'll try my best to get back to you!