Google

6.17.2014

Remember Me + Some Nail Art

Zoya Rue OCC Anime Nailart

Hello loves, wanted to pop in and say hi! I know it's been a minute since I've been around. I was lucky enough to attend The Makeup Show, switch up my hair color, work on some great projects... And even figure out a new lighting situation so I'm feeling pretty good about my pictures.

I've always seen framed nail art (is that even the right term?) and felt intimidated by it. While watching the World Cup, I decided to go for it. Here's a breakdown:


  • I used Zoya Rue as my base. From far it matches my skin tone pretty well, up close you can see that it has a little purple in it.
  • Using an old eyeliner brush I "framed" my nails using Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics nail polish in Anime. I did about 2 coats of this because it was a bit sheer.
  • For my accent nail, I used Mattese Elite Cosmic Blue.
  • Finished up with dots, and a top coat
I'm glad I tried it out, pretty happy with the result!

Have a great day!

Let's get social!

6 comments :

  1. Wow, how interesting! Rue looks completely different on me. I love how shades differ on different skin tones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree! Rue is described as a blush pink, but doesn't pull that way on me. I have the same issue with coral, it always looks orange!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. it's one of my favorite pinks to wear!

      Delete

Feel free to comment below, I'll try my best to get back to you!