Google

4.29.2014

The Makeup Show (and 3 reasons why I'm excited!)


Hello Loves!  Today I want to let you know the reason why I'll be obnoxiously posting on social media this weekend: The Makeup Show!

You guys, I am so excited... This is the third time in a row that I'll be attending and I imagine it will outdo the last 2 times. Let me count the reasons why...

First reason: EDUCATION. 

Dany Sanz (founder of MakeUp Forever) and I at one of The Makeup Show mixers
While it's fun to look at all the makeup, I make it a point to check out the education. The lineup of keynote speakers this year is crazy: you've got Asunta Sheriff, Troy Surratt, Joe Dulude (designed the makeup for a little Broadway show you may have heard of - WICKED), among many others. Where else can I get the chance to meet with makeup artists whom I respect and the owners of the makeup brands I love (and use in my kit?)

James Vincent & I at another one of The Makeup Show mixers.

Second reason to be excited? Hello, the MAKEUP!


This year, Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics, OFRA, Kett Cosmetics, among many other will be debuting new products..

Here is a little more info on some of the brands you will find this year:

The Makeup Show NYC announces new beauty products to be featured at the show on May 4th and 5th.  The Makeup Show continues to be a platform for top beauty brands to launch their most coveted products including Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics, Ofra, Kett, and more, who will each highlight these latest launches and introduce to the pro-community.  A few of the products you can find at the show include: 

SEPHORA COLLECTION will be showcasing the PRO makeup brush collection along with a special edition 5-piece kit, exclusively created for The Makeup Show.  Featured at the booth will be experts from Sephora PRO, Sephora's national artistry team, who will be sharing best practices on how to use, maintain and clean Sephora PRO brushes along with a demonstration of how they are made.  The Makeup Show attendees will beable to purchase a selection of the Sephora Collection PRO brushes along with the limited edition set for a discounted price of 40% of retail.

Launching exclusively at The Makeup Show NYC will be OFRA’sFoundation Stick in seven new shades. This is a creamy, oil-free foundation stick that will glide on with the ease of a cream.  With a built in primer for a long-lasting wear, the stick provides a silky texture and sheer-to-full coverage.

CLEANSE by LAUREN NAPIER will also be launching exclusively at The Makeup Show NYC. This premium skincareproduct is like no other, and the single use technology allows one to cleanse on-the-go. Whether you take one or three, the wipes remain saturated and ready for use.

Kett will be showcasing their recently launched Crème Correctors.  The Crème Correctors will conceal, correct, and neutralize under eye discoloration with their signature waterproof formula and are enriched with vitamins a, c, e and licorice root extract.

Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics will be launching their summer collection at The Makeup Show NYC!  Don't miss their booth to pick up these popular products that are sure to sell out!

CATTIVA recently launched a beautiful Lip Kit, which includes a number of lip products all offered at a special price! Be sure to pick yours up at The Makeup Show NYC.

TEMPTU Pro will be featuring their new 2.0 Starter Kit which comes equipped with two airbrush guns.  This is a must have for any pro!

 I got the chance to catch a sneak peek of OCC's latest collection and it is stunning! I cannot wait to share pics with you!

Reason 3 that I am excited: The Makeup Show Icon Gallery, honoring Kevyn Aucoin 

photo credit: Dusti Cunningham
One of my first makeup experiences that really stuck with me was flipping through Kevyn's book "Making Faces", the images and the concept of makeup as transformative really stuck with me. I happily own both "Making Faces" and "Face Forward" and refer to them constantly. So when I heard that The Makeup Show was collaborating with Kevyn Aucoin Beauty, to provide a glimpse of Kevyn's professional and personal life, I knew I had to attend. 

If you want to keep up with my Makeup Show shenanigans, be sure to follow me on Twitter and Instagram,

Hope to see some of you lovelies there! 

Let's get social!

3 comments :

Feel free to comment below, I'll try my best to get back to you!