Google

2.11.2014

Laura Geller Makeup + Preen.Me

makeup Laura Gellar Ardency Inn
                                                                                                               *press sample

Hello loves! Today I've got a look devised to cure my winter blues.  I don't know about you but this winter really been kicking my ass. I find myself wanting to stay at home... Which gives me more time to play with makeup!


And what's in this pretty package?


I've been a member of Preen.Me for some time now, but I was still super shocked when the Preen.Me team sent this package my way, full of Laura Geller makeup.  I received 2 eye-shadow palettes, mascara, and a set of eyeliner pens (I love me a cateye!) 

Laura Geller Sandy Lagoon palette

Here is the Sandy Lagoon Creme Glaze Trio. They are baked eye shadows, making them perfect to use wet or dry. I wanted to use this palette first, to try something out of my comfort zone. While I love seeing blues on other people, I don't find myself reaching for them, except for navy blue here and there.  This blue is so pretty, I just HAD to use it.

Laura Gellar Sandy Lagoon Swatches

Here are some swatches of the palette. Three super shimmery shades in an almost cobalt blue, silvery taupe and warm brown.While these swatches are used dry, I recommend using the blue shade wet, for maximum payoff.

eye makeup look using Laura Geller Sandy Lagoon palette

  • I prepped my lids using Urban Decay's Primer Potion. 
  • Misted my brush using Mario Badescu Facial Spray (love using it also as a prep spray and as a setting spray)
  • I applied the blue shade making sure to blend really well near the crease.
  • I then used the silver taupe shade as an inner eye highlight.
  • Using the brown as my crease shade, I blended it really well, giving me a a bright "smoky" eye.  
  • I finished by lining my inner eye with Urban Decay's pencil liner in LSD and Laura Geller Glam Lash mascara.

full face look using Laura Geller Sandy Lagoon Palette & Ardency Inn Coverage Concentrate

I really felt like this look make my brown eyes "pop"! I kept the rest of the look pretty neutral, using Ardency Inn's Coverage Concentrate as my concealer AND my foundation (more on that later!), Anastasia Beverly Hill's dip brow in Chocolate, and MAC Subculture lip liner and OCC Mein Herr Lip Tar.

Cannot wait to show the other looks I have planned!

Have a great day!

While I received these items for review, it in no way affects my opinion.  For more information please check out my disclosure policy.

Let's get social!

5 comments :

  1. your skin is looking phenomenal! i been carefully using that argan oil, so far I've just noticed my skin isn't drying out as it usually does in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if this blue works with my skin tone but nice look though.
    Congrats!

    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow gorgeous color on you! Found you through The Beauty Blogazons!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment below, I'll try my best to get back to you!