Google

2.08.2014

Doré Fall/Winter 2014 Collection


Hello loves! Fashion Week is alive and well in NYC, and this time, I've been lucky enough to catch a few shows.  First show I attended was Doré, held in the Empire Hotel's Crystal Room.  It was a beautiful selection of Ready to Wear and Evening Wear.  Before I get into the collection, let's talk about the makeup.  The look was clean and elegant, with well-groomed brows and a pop of red on the lips. Simple and effective, complementing the pieces wonderfully.

 More pics after the jump!

 I have to say, all of the gowns were gorgeous, it was tough picking my favorite, but I LOVED this dress! I could totally see this on the red carpet. I love the attention to detail, from the beading to the ruching of the red accents.

  The pieces featured a lot of embellishment, like beading, fringe, etc. However it was done in such a way that it never felt overdone, which is not any easy feat (when it comes to fringe, in my opinion). This piece is a perfect example of beaded fringe gone right.

 I love the Swarovski accents on the shoulder!

photo courtesy of Around Digital Media
 Doré Head Designer and CEO Dawn Smart

photo courtesy of Around Digital Media
 Such a beautiful gown!

photo courtesy of Around Digital Media
 Love the peephole detailing of the back

photo courtesy of Around Digital Media
 Another example of embellishment executed perfectly, by beading the turtleneck and keep everything else simple and clean.
photo courtesy of Around Digital Media
Sneak peek backstage!



For more on Dawn Smart and Dore Designs visit www.doredesigns.com and “like” them on Facebook to stay abreast of their latest designs www.facebook.com/DoreDesigns and www.facebook.com/DoreEveningLine .

Have a great weekend!

Let's get social!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment below, I'll try my best to get back to you!