Google

7.15.2013

Mojitos and Mojo


   Hi everyone! I wanted to share some nail art using Essie Mojito Madness but first...  I know it's been such a long time since I've been on here. A few different factors made it a bit difficult to post ( I never want to move again!) but the one that stood out to me? I lost my mojo. I knew that there was stuff I should be writing about but I couldn't muster the enthusiasm.  So I decided to give myself some time off, instead of forcing myself to post and take pics.  There was a week that I didn't even wear any makeup! Worst beauty blogger everrrrrrrrrrr, I know.


   While I still haven't unpacked all of my makeup and nail polishes, I came across Essie Mint Mojito and felt inspired to come up with something.  I had first received Mint Mojito as part of  a Klout perk and never really played with it since.  It's a bright grassy green creme that goes on perfectly in two coats.  I also used China Glaze Sunkissed and I'm with the Lifeguard, as well as Sally Hansen White-On.


   I have to admit, I was inspired by mojitos - except, I don't like them. I'm not a fan of the lime-mint combo.  Limes, I love! Mint, I'm cool with (especially with chocolate).  But together?  Not my thing. So I decided to freehand some lemons and limes once I used my base color of Mojito Madness and Sun-Kissed.  I like it but I'll use a smaller dotting tool to draw on the details next time.

   I have seen spun sugar nail art all over the interwebs so I decided to give it a shot.  I think I need to play around with it some more, the polish just wouldn't get stringy enough.  It went from wet to dry, maybe the humidity had something to do with it?  On my pinky and index finger, I used White-On as a base and then used Sun-Kissed, I'm with the Lifeguard, and Mojito Madness as my "sugar".  On my thumb, I used Mojito Madness as a base, and White-On and the other two colors.  Since it didn't look as pretty as other examples I've seen, I used two coats of top coat, which smoothed it out and gave it a marbelized look. Which I like.


So the lesson learned?  When life gives you limes, make mojitos.


Or if you're me, make it a caipirinha...

Have a great day!

Let's get social!

1 comment :

  1. This is adorable!!
    I love cocktail inspired mani's ;-)
    xo!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment below, I'll try my best to get back to you!