Google

7.19.2013

Mint Mani for Talia Joy

   Hi everyone, today's post feels rather bittersweet, being dedicated to Talia Joy.  For those of you who may not know, Talia Joy passed away earlier this week, having battled two forms of cancer (neuroblastoma and preleukemia) for more than half her life.  She was a talented makeup artist (hard to believe she was only 13), and more importantly touched so many people with her youtube videos, talking about both makeup and cancer with ease. One of her last Instagram photos featured a mint manicure, so Nicole from Nail Polish Wars decided why not do mint in tribute?  Such a simple gesture, how could I not take part?


   I decided to do an ombré, using both Essie Playa del Platinum and Turquoise and Caicos.  Playa del Platinum has got to be one of my favorite neutrals, it looks clean but not boring, y'know?  Turquoise and Caicos has a bit of a watery formula, which worked in this case.  I was able to keep sponging on more without it getting clumpy or thick at.the tips.  I then added some studs to dress it up a bit. 

   While I cannot begin to imagine how Talia's family must be going through, at least she is at peace now.  Rest in power, Talia.

5 comments :

  1. Great tribute! She certainly was a special girl.

    Beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk

    Lx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute ! I was wondering if you'd like to follow each other. :)

    ♥Stacey Nguyen
    www.trendyoutings.com

    I am having a giveaway right now with about $160 worth of stuff . Check it out if you'd like ;)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaPpWl2rNYo

    ReplyDelete
  3. perfect nail art!!!

    http://nickysbeautystarlight.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  4. great design http://differentcands.blogspot.kr/2013/08/diy-flower-vases.html

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment below, I'll try my best to get back to you!