Google

6.01.2013

MAC Baking Beauties (Finally Up!)


   I want to apologize in advance for any lemmings this post may cause!  I really have not been able to resist the lippies that MAC has been throwing our way lately...  The Baking Beauties collection was no exception, I picked up every lipstick with the exception of Devil's Food.  Honestly, I just didn't see myself wearing it.  But the other colors? Totally up my alley! The people at the MAC counter were so sweet that they threw in the yummy petit four as well.


I need another highlighter like I need a hole in the head but LOOK at how pretty it is!  Here is the Pearlmatte Face Powder in In For a Treat.  Pink Buttercream was super pretty as well but I found it a little too cool-toned for me. 


 In For a Treat has a light golden sheen to it, it looks so pretty dusted on top of the cheekbones!  However you can also use it as a face powder to give yourself a gorgeous glow.


Here is  Raspberry Swirl (Cremesheen) described as a "light white blue pink", which sounds impossible.  What it really means is it's a light cool-toned pink that will make your teeth look awesome.  Since it's a Cremesheen formula, it doesn't look chalky at all.


Here is Pure Decoration, which ALWAYS gets "Pure Imagination" from Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory stuck in my head.  It's described as a "light white peach" , which is accurate.  It has a milky quality to it that I love.  If you missed out on this, "Altered Beige" from the Temperature Rising collection doesn't seem too different, just slightly warmer and in a Lustre finish.


   And here is Lavender Whip, which was the hardest color to hunt down!  Lavender Whip is described as a "light cool lavender", it has such a dainty look to it!  While Lavender Whip and Viva Glam Nicki 2 are both cool toned lavenders, I find Lavender Whip easier to pull off, probably because it's a little more sheer.  Nicki 2 can look a bit chalky if you aren't careful, and usually requires a lip liner  (so that it doesn't look so stark).

There you have it, my picks from the Baking Beauties collection.  It's kinda hard to pick a favorite, but I have to go with Raspberry Swirl.  Which one is your fave?

Let's get social!

13 comments :

  1. I am loving my In for a Treat. I use it so much this month that the flower is fading on me :( Very pretty lip colors on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need that nude lipstick in my life now!

    Great blog! You've got a new follower :)

    XoXo
    Plami

    http://www.fashionthrill.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The highlight is so gorgeous!! Nice post! xo

    www.the-lipglossary.com

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. check out my blog & follow if you like :)

    http://rorolovesbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. ❤ Your blog, beauty!
    Follow me and I will follow u back!
    http://lamourdesoibysm.blogspot.ru/
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/6841269

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these colors! I found you through the BBU Blog Hop and decided to follow. Great blog! Check mine out?

    http://sincerelyella.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! I'm your new follower! I hope to see you in my blog sometimes. Thanks! :) Kisses from VV!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lavender whip is a beautiful color! :D

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
    Firmoo Giveaway
    OASAP Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  9. these are such beautiful colours wow! , I love the last one espeacially!
    id love if we both followed eachother on bloglovin?!let me know :)

    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/8945575
    Ella x

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for posting real pictures! it's refreshing to see a blogger not photoshop or blur out pores and all trace of human characteristics. I know what the makeup will really look like and feel better about making a purchase.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment below, I'll try my best to get back to you!