Google

4.10.2013

Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Sci-Fi Lullabies Collection

Hi everyone!  I know it's been a while but I've been busy having fun!  I just attended IMATS ('twas amazing!).  I also just met James Vincent and totally fan-girled...  Another fun thing I did? I attended the launch of the Sci-Fi Lullabies collection by Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics.  As if that wasn't enough, I was given five out of the six new Lip Tars!  Now, if you know me, you KNOW I looooooooooooove me some Lip Tars. So let's see some swatches?

 Annika: "pale but amped up neutral peach"  

I recently wore this to work and got so many compliments!  It's peachy without leaning too orange.  I love pairing it with a smoky eye or a defined cat-eye.  

 Pris: "super pale beige rose neutral metallic"

I packed this on just so you can see how it looks opaque.  It can also be worn as a sheer glaze on the lips or mixed with other colors.
 
 Zhora: "pale peach with gold/red metallic duochrome"

Zhora is way prettier in real life, the red duochrome is much more present.  While it's peach, it has a touch more orange than Annika.

 Lovecraft: "vividly iridescent pink/lilac metallic"

Another gorgeous color, that can be worn alone or on top of another color.  I'm already thinking of what lipsticks I can pair this with.


Batty: "black metallic with silver iridescence"

I recently used this color on a work project, and everyone loved it.  While black lipstick isn't really my thing, I'm definitely considering taking Batty out for a spin.  To me, this color is the lipstick version of China Glaze Stone Cold.

Now, I've never seen Blade Runner so when I hear the name Batty, I think of Fern Gully...  Overall I really enjoyed this collection, especially Annika and Lovecraft.  Annika went on smoothly and contains no sparkle whatsoever.  The rest of the colors went on a little patchy, but I think it's due to the high amount of shimmer they contain.  As with any Lip Tar, you need to use a good lip balm before applying.

What did you think? Any must-haves?

*products were received during a promotional events.  Please refer to my disclosure policy for more information

Let's get social!

8 comments :

  1. This is a very nice color/shade of pink.It's a pretty nice shade of pink that looks natural imo. Not a bad product at all.

    Tamala
    www.apparelnbags.com/adidas-golf/index.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pink is AMAZING!

    Mind taking a second to check out my blog? I love feedback!
    http://rosewaterreflections.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I love how wearable it is despite being metallic.

      Delete
  3. Pris & Lovecraft are amazing! I've never tried Lip Tars before, but they are on my to-buy list in the future
    xx

    Naomii
    www.glitterbomb-makeup.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely need to try out Lip Tars! Hands down, one of my fave beauty products.

      Delete

Feel free to comment below, I'll try my best to get back to you!