Google

3.21.2013

Zoya Pixie Dust


Hello!  Today I've got a few polishes from the Zoya Pixie Dust collection.  Even though OPI's The Impossible may not have been all I wanted to to be, I still held out hope for these.  Also these are my first Zoyas!  Read on to see that I thought of them!

  
I couldn't resist these polishes, they looked so sugary as opposed to sandy.  Here is Dahlia, a true black with silver sparkle.  It reminds me of the sparkly sidewalk you can sometimes find in NYC.


I'm not the biggest fan of nudes but I like weird types colors like Essie Playa del Platinum and China Glaze Classic Camel. So Zoya Godiva is right up my alley! I would describe it as a yellowed beige, with silver sparkle. This color is the.most understated in the collection but it has such a chic feeling to it. Although it may not look good on everyone, so beware of lobster hands!


Of course after I take off Dahlia, I got the brilliant idea to add a top coat! For a smooth appearance, be prepared to use a thick gel-like top coat. Godiva looks super pretty smooth and glossy.


The last color I picked up was Vespa, a light sage or celadon green. Like Dahlia and Godiva, Vespa has silver glitter as well. I like that they chose a more muted green, it really lets the texture show through.


Here is Vespa with top coat on. It also looks gorgeous this was as well! As for the formula? These colors were good in two coats, except for Vespa, which took three thin coats. Since these formulas are a bit on thicker side, use thin coats. They also take longer to dry, however you don't need a base or top coat. I only wore Dahlia as a manicure, and I got a few days before tip wear set in. I definitely recommend picking these up, there is just something so pretty and delicate about this finish!

18 comments :

  1. Love Dahlia! They are all gorgeous though! Great post!

    Kendra

    www.beautybykendrac.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's hard to pick a favorite but I love how easy they are to apply.

      Delete
  2. Hi there, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, Chris. Checking out your blog now!

      Delete
  3. Such gorgeous shades! Great post. I picked up Nyx and London. Now, I can't wait for the summer shades. I already pre-ordered Miranda.

    Following <3

    http://thelifeofyouraveragetwenty-something.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm still trying to decide which summer shades I want to get :)

      Delete
  4. These are all pretty, but I like Vespa best. I am a green fan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow they're so pretty, I love the vespa shade, must look out for these! Love your blog, new follower :) x

    http://justjade-beautyblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jade. Checking your site out now.

      Delete
  6. I love these polishes & your blog!! I'm following you, follow me too if you be so kind:

    http://whosyourdowdy.blogspot.com/
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Checking your blog out. xx

      Delete
  7. These look amazing. I really wish I was more into nail polish, but I just hate having to wait until my nails dry. I ALWAYS smudge or chip them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was the same way until I realized quick-dry nail polish existed... Cue to two drawers full of polish...

      Delete
  8. Those are all so pretty,,, I probably wouldnt even cosider buying them if it wasnt for this post =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! let me know if you pick any up!

      Delete

Feel free to comment below, I'll try my best to get back to you!