Google

3.29.2013

OPI Lights Of Emerald City

 
    Hello everyone!  Today I've got OPI's Lights of Emerald City to show you.  I'm a huge sucker for fairytale/Oz types of books and movies so of course I dragged the mister to see "OZ, Great and Powerful."  Without giving away any spoilers, I LOVED the look of the film but the plot...  It did, however inspire me to finish the Wicked series by Gregory Maguire.  Guys, if you haven't read it, you need to!  His use of words is simply amazing.  With that being said, OPI released a Soft Shades collection based off of "OZ, Great and Powerful."  I couldn't resist Lights of Emerald City and and so I brought it home with me. 


   Lights of Emerald City is made up of large white square glitter and smaller iridescent square glitter in a clear base.  Instead of black, I've paired it with China Glaze Wagon Trail, a dark olive-brown.  Here you can see the that smaller squares flash red-orange, like autumn leaves.


   Since Lights of Emerald City has such an ethereal look to it, I wanted to use a similar polish color.  I went with Orly Pixie Dust, a blue-gray with silvery flecks.  The larger squares shine over this type of color, in my opinion.


   And how can I show a glitter without using it in a jelly sandwich??? I've used one of my favorite jelly polishes, China Glaze's Ride the Waves.  I like how the large glitter looks but the smaller ones get lost completely.  This combo may need some tweaking, maybe I'll try it with a red jelly?

   As for the formula, it was fairly easy to work with.  It's chock-full of the smaller glitter, although not too much fishing is required of the larger squares.  It will take a little longer to dry, the base is a bit thicker than a regular polish.  All of the swatches used one coat of Lights of Emerald City.

Did you get anything from the Oz Great and Powerful collection? I wanna hear!

Let's get social!

16 comments :

  1. This looks great as a sandwich! I have this but haven't gotten around to wearing it yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's fun to wear, but I think it'll be better with a red jelly.

      Delete
  2. these are so pretty! :D

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
    Win a pair of Saltwater Sandals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo Pretty! I had heard of these fairytale colors but I never shopped for them...might need to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lights of Emerald City was my fave from the collection.

      Delete
  4. Yesterday I had this product (but another colour) on my hands but I didn´t decide to buy it! I would like to have one! ;-)

    I´m following you now. What´s about to follow each other? Besides, I have an international raffle:

    http://www.envueltaencrema.blogspot.com.es/2013/02/sorteo-500-seguidores-para-bloggers-y.html

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, you should definitely pick this one up!

      Delete
  5. How cool!
    Jillian - http://epic-thread.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! This polish looks awesome!

    Kendra

    www.beautybykendrac.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This polish looks flawless :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, a good top coat always helps!

      Delete

  8. HELLO BEAUTIFUL! Today by chance I have known your blog, and as always I say; between sisters bloggers should be supported and I already I have given my support joining your community of followers! It was a surprise, I see that each time there are blogs of high quality I do not know and I am pleased to have found! I invite you to my own, I hope you like it and encourages you to give me your support! We keep in touch! Good luck and very grateful for your new friendship!KEYKOAMODEL.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment below, I'll try my best to get back to you!