Google

3.05.2013

Betty Bright or Boyfriend Stealer?


   Hello everyone, I finally have swatches of my picks from MAC's Archie's Girls collection.  This has been the first time that I was excited by a MAC collection in a long time.  And I'm sure I wasn't the only one, most of the collection has been sold out!  While I liked how the collection looked, I was only drawn to the lip colors.  I decided to give Betty Bright and Boyfriend Stealer a home, where I have been putting them to good use!


   Here we have Betty Bright, described as "light vibrant peach".  That may be the case but it shows up as a bright pink/coral with my skin tone.  It is a satin finish, but it has a bit of a problem formula.  It's a little patchy and seems to settle in lip lines.  However, I love the color and I use Smith's Rosebud Salve under and over the lip color. 
 

While I'm rocking a pretty wild cat eye, Betty Bright also looks super pretty with taupes.  If you want to read a little more about the eye look, check out my Feline Inspiration post!
 

With Boyfriend Stealer, I prefer keeping the eyes as neutral as possible, and throwing in strong brows for emphasis.


Here is Boyfriend Stealer, described as "deep blackened plum".  Which is exactly how it looks on me.  This is cremesheen, so you have to swipe it on a few times to get it super dark.  I like it because I can decide how opaque I want it to be.

 
   While, it's tough to pick a favorite, I find myself reaching for Boyfriend Stealer over Betty Bright.  Although once springtime rolls around, all bets are off.  Betty Bright looks to be the perfect spring color!

So, do you favor sweet pastels or are vampy colors more your speed? 

Let's get social!

10 comments :

  1. both look good on you,
    but on me bright would look like im sick, so boyfriend stealer would look better on me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I thought I was gonna love Betty Bright since I love bright lips but Boyfriend Stealer is my fave.

      Delete
  2. Very pretty! Both lipsticks look amazing on you <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love betty bright on you but maybe it's because I'm really feeling the spring colors lately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was all about vampy colors this winter (I'm usually not) but I'm slowly transitioning into brighter colors.

      Delete
  4. I think Boyfriend Stealer looks the best on your, especially with that fierce cateye!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely think the cateye works with Boyfriend Stealer, maybe I'll play around with a more traditional cateye + white liner with Betty Bright?

      Delete

Feel free to comment below, I'll try my best to get back to you!