Google

3.08.2013

A Volt of Color



   Hello everyone!  Normally, green and coral might not sound like an attractive combo but it's all in the details.  I love using green liner, especially olive green, it adds such a nice pop of color.  However this time, I'm going with a hunter/pine green, to not compete with the coral lip color.  And for some added drama, i threw in some false lashes and an extended cat eye (shocker, lol).


   For the eye look, refer back to my Fun with Contouring Part Deux post (twas the same day!).  I then brought the drama using Cailyn gel liner in Green, a dark hunter green.  This green is great for the color-shy, since it looks almost black until you look closely and BAM! I only lined the outer corner of my bottom lash line, to get that wide-eyed appearance.  And for some extra fun, I used some lashes I had purchased from IMATS last year.  I'm so psyched to go again this year!


The latest baby to join my collection?  MAC Vegas Volt.  I'm always looking for a coral that doesn't show up as orange on my skin tone. So far, Vegas Volt is fitting the bill!  Funny enough, when I've seen Vegas Volt on other, it always looks so bright, but on me it feels much more muted.   It's an amplified finish, my favorite kind.


   Another thing I've been playing around with? Styling my hair without using heat.  There's a few reasons for this, one being that I like dying my hair (specifically lightening it).  The other reason is I'm too lazy to whip out my curling iron before work in the morning.  I'd much rather put my hair up the night before and sleep on it.  That way, I only have to take out the pins, shake the curls out and spray with a light hairspray.  Which takes 5 minutes, tops.  Rather than use rollers, I pin-curl my hair (I like sleeping comfortably) and then wrap it with a scarf.  In the morning, I'm rewarded with big bouncy curls.  Not bad, eh? 

If you're interested in knowing more about how to pin-curl, let me know!  Or if you think you'd like to see a tutorial, leave a comment.

Also who else is attending IMATS NYC this year?!

Let's get social!

6 comments :

  1. I wish I was going to IMATS - so have a great time for me! I love this lips color on you it looks amazing, and the hunter green looks great as well. I pin curl my hair at night too, it makes being lazy look pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so much fun! I'm all for hair styling that allows me to be lazy!

      Delete
  2. i love the look. i'm a huge fan of lashes...love the drama! also loving your hair color! when my hair was longer, i used to pin it at night, too! so much easier!

    rockoomph.blogspot.com
    mobilemorsels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm easing into wearing lashes, lol.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful coral lips. I love that color on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's been a mission, lol. Almost all corals pull really orange on me.

      Delete

Feel free to comment below, I'll try my best to get back to you!