Google

2.20.2013

Nearly Naked Face of the Day


Hello everyone!  Today I have my one of my go-to favorites to show you: cat-eye liner and nude lips.  To me, this is such a classic combo!

What I used:
  • Urban Decay NAKED Basics Palette (Venus, Naked 2, Faint and Crave)
  • NYX eyeshadow base in Skintone
  • Maybelline Dream Fresh BB cream
  • Smith's Rosebud Salve
  • Revlon Lip Butter in Fig Jam
  • Benefit Box o' Powder in Sugarbomb*
  • Benefit Brows a GoGo*
  • Benefit High Beam*
  • Cailyn gel liner
  • Benefit They're Real mascara*

  • Start off by using NYX eyeshadow base in Skintone
  • UD Venus right under the brow
  • UD Naked 2 all over the lid
  • UD Faint in the crease, and blend out really well
  • UD Crave in the crease and blend (almost like a cut-crease)
  • Line using gel liner, winging it out slightly, then line the waterline
  • Mascara
  • Fill in brows using Brows a GoGo, and if you mess it up a bit, don't worry.  Use concealer and a hard angle brush to clean up the brow.
   I then used Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream, followed by Sugarbomb on the apples of my cheeks for a peachy glow.  I then highlight my face using High Beam.  I wanted my lips to have a sheen to them but not be super glossy, so I used Revlon Lip Butter in Fig Jam and used some Smith's Rosebud Salve on top.

   I was lucky enough to attend a cat-eye workshop at Chic Studios awhile back, which was really helpful.  I wish I had been able to take photographs but it was a bit tricky.  One of the tips that really resonated with me was to consider the consistency of products being used. Which lead me to realize that I vastly prefer gel to liquid liner these days.  I feel like I can control my brush better as well as being able to add pigment to customize color (can't do that with liquid).

Do you prefer liquid or gel liner?

*I received this product as gratis, however this does not affect my opinion

Let's get social!

8 comments :

  1. I sooooo prefer gel eyeliner - I struggled to do a decent cat eye until I switched to gel. Your Brows look phenomenal!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, I love the consistency of gel. And thanks, I've become obsessed with brows, lol.

      Delete
  2. Amazing :-) Fresh and beautiful.
    xoxo!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment below, I'll try my best to get back to you!