Google

2.16.2013

Love is Tough...


   Hello loves!  I hope you all enjoyed your Valentine's Day, I definitely did.  The mister picked me up from work and we went over to Koreatown where there were delicious noms and a fantastic bottle of wine.

   But more importantly, here's some fancy nail art I whipped up. My inspiration for this look?  Stiletto nails with a dash of bad-assery.  I've been trying to grow my nails out but then work got in the way.  I wanted a way to fake it so I thought to do a reverse chevron manicure:

  •  I painted my nails using Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure (mouthful!) in Peachy Keen.  I wanted something similar enough to my skin tone.
  • Using stickers as my guide, I used Wet n Wild Black Creme, making a stiletto "tip"
  • Once that dried, I used Sally Hansen Hard as Wraps Powerful Acrylic Gel.  This takes a while to dry so it's perfect to use for applying gems, studs, etc.
  • Using some studs I purchased from Urban Outfitters, I applied silver hearts to each nail and then silver studs in a "V" to my ring and thumbs.  Some Poshe to finish things off and BOOM, I was done.
   I really loved how this turned out, from far away it DID look like I had (albeit short) stiletto nails.  Mission accomplished. When it came time to photograph these bad boys, my camera couldn't handle all the glossiness!  As for the wear time?  I got 2 days out of these before the rhinestones started falling off, which isn't too bad.  However I am pretty hard on my hands, constantly washing and sanitizing them.

Here are some bonus pics from Valentine's Day!  If you follow me on instagram (@ahhhdri - shameless plug, I know), you may have already seen these.

 The mister and I. In case you were curious, I'm wearing OCC Liptar in Anime and Queen.  And yes, there are (fake) birds and flowers behind us, I really love the decor in most K-town restaurants.

I couldn't resist, y'all.

Let's get social!

4 comments :

  1. I am in love with this mani! I will have to try something like this for myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please let me know if you do, I'd love to see it!

      Delete

Feel free to comment below, I'll try my best to get back to you!