Google

2.05.2013

Fun Factory Release party + a sneak peek of Boyfriend Stealer!

me getting my shot on.
   On Friday I had the pleasure of attending a launch party for the STRONIC EINS hosted by Fun Factory at the New York City Museum of Sex (MoSex).  I had a great time looking at new products as well as connecting with people I have met over the years working in sex education/retail.  Let me tell you, their latest product is CRAZY!  But most importantly, there was an OPEN bar!  And since I have professed my love of cocktails, why not share some with you?


   I don't know if you know, but it has been rather chilly in NYC so when I was offered a honey vodka shot to warm up, there was no way that I could refuse!   Here we've got a honey-infused vodka with a cinnamon-sugar rim.  The result?  A smooth shot that goes down way too easy without being cloying.

And no, both of shots were not mine.  I know how to share...


   So one thing I really like about the museum (besides their awesome exhibitions) is their bar, ORALFIX.  They have a really well thought-out bar menu, pairing spirits with traditional aphrodiasiacs like cinnamon, lavender, cardamom etc.  I decided to go with a silver tequila with cinnamon and cardamom, which was absolutely delicious.  The cardamom really stole the show as it lent a chai-like feel to the cocktail.  If you ever get a chance to go, make sure to try it!


   And as I promised here is a sneak peek of Boyfriend Stealer, from MAC Cosmetics Archie's Girls collection.  Boyfriend Stealer happens to be from the Veronica collection.  Now this pic is not exactly color correct, it looks berry-er than it really is.  It is described as a "deep blackened plum" which is about as good a description as I could give.  I will definitely feature it in a future post, because the color is interesting.  Right off the bat, it is not a dupe for Cyber, Smoked Purple, Yung Rapunxel or Kate Moss 04, mainly because it is much more sheer, having a Cremesheen finish. 

   I wanted the lips to stand out so I paired them with matte nude eyes, defined cheeks and my staple, cat-eyed liner.  Simple and effective, perfect for a Friday night.

Let's get social!

12 comments :

  1. indeed it does look berry on you and the shade is darker. thank for the dupe list. I don't like creme sheen much but I like this shade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm also not the biggest fan of cremesheen, but it seems to work with this color. I usually fill in my lips with liner to prevent it from looking patchy.

      Delete
  2. Nice lipstick! I always love an open bar =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Open bars are always such a nice surprise, haha.

      Delete
  3. It's a beautiful color and it looks gorgeous on you!! Looks like a lot of fun I can appreciate! Cheers to that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it definitely felt a bit out of my comfort zone, but the shots helped, lol.

      Delete
  4. I already have Cyber so I can't exactly justify getting Boyfriend Stealer grrrr :S It's so pretty!! *wails*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know, girl, the packaging is super cute!

      Delete
  5. I absolutely love your makeup! The eyeliner is gorgeous! I love your blog! Specially the photos because they are so detailed and clear, I can really understand about your post. I followed you on GFC and on BlogLovin'! Maybe you can come by mine too and maybe follow each other? :) Thank you for this post! I can't wait to read more of your posts. More power to you!

    XOXO
    Your new follower,
    www.MusingsofaMakeupMaven.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, checking out your blog right now. xx

      Delete
  6. 1)You look great and the lipstick is beautiful! 2)I like drinks!(But I think you know that). I could do with some of those shots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankssssssssss! Come back to NYC and we'll do some shots!

      Delete

Feel free to comment below, I'll try my best to get back to you!