Google

2.21.2013

Espionage and Cocktails


Hello everyone, I wish these photos had turned out a bit crisper but it was one of those days where I was in a rush to head out to meet some friends and pictures did not want to come out right!  I wanted to keep the look easy but polished, so I went with bold lips and simple eye makeup.


Products Used:
  • NYX Eyeshadow Base in Skintone all over the eye
  • L'Oreal Infallible eyehadow in Bronzed Taupe all over the lid as well as lining the lower lid
  • UD Faint in the crease
  • UD Crave, to line the outer half of the eye.
  • Cailyn gel liner on the waterline
  • Benefit They're Real mascara
  • matte eyeshadow for my brows

First, imagine this color as more of a berry color (my lighting and camera refused to see eye to eye).  I used Benefit Lipstick in Espionage, a sheer-ish black cherry, after lining my lips with nude liner.  While I love the look of Espionage, it requires a little work.  Exfoliation is a must, I like to use LUSH sugar scrub before I put on any bold lip color.  Also it goes on a bit patchy.


I had purchased a bunch of BUTTER London products over the holidays (which I have yet to swatch!  For SHAME.....)  One such set was Fiddlesticks with the matching Lippy.  Fiddlesticks (the Lippy) is a sheer raspberry gloss with magenta glitter, but don't expect it to be a glitterbomb when applied.  I layered it over Espionage and was much happier with the result.  I like the formula of the lippy, it goes on thick but not sticky.  Also it doesn't travel all over the place.  It is scented, but I can't put my finger as to the scent, it's kinda  like fruity wax but it's not offensive nor does it linger.

So after I was done, my friends, the mister and I went over to Babalu's for some fantastic Latino food, totally reminded me of Puerto Rico. And of course I had a drink (are you surprised?).  My cocktail of choice? I went with the Mulata, made with light rum, dark creme de cacao and fresh lime juice.  Now I know it sounds like an odd pairing, but the lime juice cut down on the sweetness of the creme de cacao.  It's not so different from adding Cointreau (triple sec) to a chocolate martini.  It's all about balancing flavors, y'know?

Some of these items may have been received as gratis, however this does not affect my opinion.

Let's get social!

2 comments :

  1. Not only is it a Very pretty lip color I love the name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I always feel like a Bond girl when I wear it, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment below, I'll try my best to get back to you!