Google

2.04.2013

Blue Monday...





   Before I get into the manicure above, can I share a story?  Today I woke up at 6:30 AM, got ready for work.  I mean it was one of those days that everything came together, I had time to do my makeup (no train makeup!), put together an outfit, I even accessorized!  I left with plenty of time, and right when I got to the train station, I thought "let me see whom I'm working with today".  I pull up my schedule on my phone and... I didn't have to be at work until 1PM!!! What... the.. fuck...  I was so convinced I had to be at work in the morning, I never bothered to check my schedule.  I turned around and walked back home.  Although it could've been worse, I could've actually taken the train into the city and found out.  So lesson of the day: Check your schedule the night before.

   Now onto the nails!  I was inspired by one of my favorite songs, "Blue Monday" by New Order ( I also love the cover version by Orgy - oh let the search results begin!).  I hadn't done a gradient mani in a while, and I usually don't do blue (I have no idea why).  My pick for my sponge gradient - Essie Sweet Talker, a powder blue with a barely there teal shimmer and Chine Glaze Ride the Waves, a bright blue jelly.



   I used 2 coats of Sweet Talker, let them dry and then sponged on Ride the Waves using a foam eyeshadow applicator.  I like using these applicators because 1. I can buy a bag of them for pretty cheap 2. most palettes come with them and they're useless for eyeshadow and 3.  it's less messy, therefore quicker clean-up.  I sealed with some top coat and BAM, I was done. 

   Also pictured here is my latest jewelry obsession: above the knuckle rings.  I can't help it, I love 'em.  I have tiny hands and (I think) stumpy fingers.  I love how these rings make my hands look more delicate.  What do you think about these type of rings?

Have a HAPPY MONDAY (or as happy as Monday can be)!  I'm glad to be back, I've missed blogging, especially interacting with all of you!

Let's get social!

16 comments :

  1. Nice nails, love the rings too <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful gradient - so bright and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Maria, it reminded me of the ocean.

      Delete
  3. Hi I really like how you done the nails, i had a manicure last week and it was awful however it was free so can't complain!!.


    http://www.annanuttall.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anna! It sucks that the manicure wasn't a positive experience, but like you said, at least you didn't pay for it! I think that's why i prefer to do my own nails, that way I'm the only one to blame, haha.

      Delete
  4. Ahhhh I loved Orgy when I was in high school. It makes me so happy to see someone else reference them lol. I was in love with Jay Gordon...then they started sucking (boooo). I still have a soft spot for little Jay all tall and gumby like with eyeliner and platform boots :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I feel like people have forgotten about them.

      Delete
  5. those rings are too cute!!! i have skinny fingers and can never find rings that fit!

    rockoomph.blogspot.com
    mobilemorsels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, the one with the star is adjustable, so maybe try rings like that?

      Delete
  6. Love the nails! I feel for you for getting ready early. I got up on a Sunday once and got ready for university only to realise it was Sunday.

    Lindsey. x
    www.elegant-chaos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh no, I would be so sad if that happened!

      Delete
  7. too cute xx Great pairing stars and blue go so well!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment below, I'll try my best to get back to you!