Google

12.10.2012

Good Girl Gone Vamp


Today I have something a little different to show.  While I love bright lips, I've never really played with dark, edgy lip color before.  However I fell in love with MAC Yung Rapunxel (Fashion's Night Out exclusive) and set out on a quest.  I didn't have the patience to deal with the crowds so I set out for a dupe or at least something similar.  When I found Rimmel London Kate Moss 04 at the pharmacy, I was thrilled!




I used my NAKED palette for this look.

  • Sidecar on the lid
  • Smog in the crease, followed by Gunmetal
  • lined both lids with Gunmetal as well


I also used High Beam on the brow bone as well.


   Kate Moss 04 is smoky, vampy purple just like Yung Rapunxel.  The formula does take a little effort because it doesn't glide on evenly.  What worked for me was to fill in my lips with nude lip liner, giving the lipstick something to cling too. I then cleaned up with a Q-tip and used concealer to define the shape of my lips.


I wanted my skin to look flawless so I used:

  • Maybelline Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB cream
  • Ben Nye Banana Powder
  • Benefit Erase Paste 02
Since this is a more dramatic look, I decided to forego the blush, choosing to contour and highlight my skin.  Please see Fun with Contouring for more info on how I contour.   Also I filled in my brows slightly thicker than they usually are (I love how strong brows look!)

Have you entered the Beauty Blogazons giveaway yet?

Let's get social!

26 comments :

  1. Your makeup looks amazing, those vampy lips... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was out of my comfort zone but in a good way! xx

      Delete
  2. Love this makeup! And those lips so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to say, it was a lot of fun to play with.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. thank you, something about cold weather brings this out, lol.

      Delete
  4. Stunning! :D The dark vampy purple lip is a show stopper. I love how you paired it with a smokey eye, contouring instead of blush, and a strong brow. Awesome look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I picked this up. At first I was a bit apprehensive but I've warmed up to it. I thought about putting blush but I loved how it looked without, y'know?

      Delete
  5. So good to know there is something close to Young Rapunxel, it looks so gorgeous on you. I love strong brows too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! MAC Cyber and Smoked Purple are similar as well but this one has the best price tag!

      Delete
  6. Wow these colors make you look so different! Incredible how make up can do that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, I know! It's one of the things I love most about makeup. :)

      Delete
  7. That lipstick looks amazing on you! It is too out of my comfort zone for me to try it though

    http://swatchesandwhatnot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the same, but you can also sheer the color out with some clear gloss. Or swipe a tiny bit over some berry lipstick.

      Delete
  8. Me-Ow! You do Vamp so well!! I love it :-) Great lip color on you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, gorgeous! I will definitely be playing the vamp more often!

      Delete
  9. It's crazy how different your change in lip color makes you look! It looks vampy and sexy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I'm so used to wearing brights and neutrals. But I really like how this came out.

      Delete
  10. Ooooh your contouring looks great! Gonna try this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, let me know if you do! xx

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. thanks, lipliner is a must with this color! xx

      Delete
  12. Love the vamp look! Especially the lipstick x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Coco. I'm feeling a lot more comfortable around dark lipsticks now, and I can get away with less eye makeup :)

      Delete

Feel free to comment below, I'll try my best to get back to you!