One technique I've had a lot of fun with is contouring. While it may not be something I do everyday, it can make such a difference! I recommend using a matte powder, never shimmery. If you use a bronzer, remember it must be matte, and have a grey tone to it, otherwise you run the risk of looking like a fool. Here I've used NYC Color Wheel Mosaic Face Powder in Bronze Glow. I've applied it under the apples of my cheeks, along my jawline as well as the side of my temples. Just for drama's sake, I lightly contoured my nose.
I know I look crazy in this pic but bear with me! Using Benefit's High Beam, I've shown what areas to highlight. Don't forget to blend!!!
- NYX Studio Perfect Primer in Green ( I had a little redness going on)
- Maybelline Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB Cream
- Benefit Erase Paste 02
- 88 Matte Palette (to fill in my brows)
- Benefit High Beam
- Milani Glitter Eyeliner in Black Rocks
- Urban Decay NAKED palette
- Ben Nye Banana powder to set my makeup. I looooooooooooooove this stuff!
- Rimmel London Kate Moss Lipstick 04 to line my lips
- Benefit lipstick in Oh Currant in the center, creating an ombre effect.
I couldn't resist the siren call of Urban Decay's Naked palette anymore, you guys... Here is a quick look using Sidecar on the lid and Smog in the crease. I lined my eyes using Milani Glitter Eyeliner in Black Rocks.
I then filled in my brows with some eyeshadow from my 88 Matte palette and used High Beam on the brow bone. I then finished off with They're Real mascara.
I love how glowy and luminous this looks!
Have you entered the Beauty Blogazons giveaway yet?
Let's get social!