Google

12.07.2012

Fun with Contouring


   Hi everyone!!! I'm glad to be back, and hope to be posting with a little more consistency...  I've said good bye to sex education and have dove headfirst into working for Benefit Cosmetics.  While change is good, it's still bittersweet, you know?  Although it has been fun playing with makeup all day!

   One technique I've had a lot of fun with is contouring.  While it may not be something I do everyday,  it can make such a difference!  I recommend using a matte powder, never shimmery.  If you use a bronzer, remember it must be matte, and have a grey tone to it, otherwise you run the risk of looking like a fool.  Here I've used NYC Color Wheel Mosaic Face Powder in Bronze Glow.  I've applied it under the apples of my cheeks, along my jawline as well as the side of my temples.   Just for drama's sake, I lightly contoured my nose.


I know I look crazy in this pic but bear with me!  Using Benefit's High Beam, I've shown what areas to highlight.  Don't forget to blend!!! 

Products Used:
  • NYX Studio Perfect Primer in Green ( I had a little redness going on)
  • Maybelline Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB Cream
  • Benefit Erase Paste 02
  • 88 Matte Palette (to fill in my brows)
  • Benefit High Beam
  • Milani Glitter Eyeliner in Black Rocks
  • Urban Decay NAKED palette
  • Ben Nye Banana powder to set my makeup.  I looooooooooooooove this stuff!
  • Rimmel London Kate Moss Lipstick 04 to line my lips
  • Benefit lipstick in Oh Currant in the center, creating an ombre effect.


I couldn't resist the siren call of Urban Decay's Naked palette anymore, you guys...  Here is a quick look using Sidecar on the lid and Smog in the crease.  I lined my eyes using Milani Glitter Eyeliner in Black Rocks.


I then filled in my brows with some eyeshadow from my 88 Matte palette and used High Beam on the brow bone.  I then finished off with They're Real mascara.


I love how glowy and luminous this looks!  

Have you entered the Beauty Blogazons giveaway yet?


Let's get social!

27 comments :

  1. Great post I love how defined your cheek bones are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, all it takes is some powder and patience, lol.

      Delete
  2. Looks amazing!! I really want to learn how to do these things one day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give it a try, it's really simple. Let me know how it turns out.

      Delete
  3. You look fabulous! I understand the bittersweetness of changing blog direction, but you really do write great tutorials. Keep on showing your beauty. BB2U

    P.S. Pencil eyeliner that stays put??? thankx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you BB, I will make sure to keep churning them out. As for a pencil liner, try Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner (que nombre!) in Perversion (matte black). I also like using gel liner (Cailyn to be exact). xx

      Delete
  4. I love your makeup, your eyes look amazing!

    HippieChicPao

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful :D And I love, love, love, love the ombre effect on your lips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thaaaaaaaaaank you! Any plans to revisit NYC?

      Delete
  6. Lovely! I always contour my cheekbones, but I leave highlighting for special occasions. I love the effect x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Since I don't have a subtle bone in my body, everyday is a special occasion, haha. xx

      Delete
  7. cool! i would love to see a diy video of this!! besos!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely thinking about doing it. Besos pa'ti tambien, amiga!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Girl, let's get a beauty blogger meetup going on! xx

      Delete
  9. Ooo I just got a full sized high beam in my sephora 500 point perk :D I haven't tried it out yet, but it's something I've wanted to try. I'm horrible with taking the time to contour and highlight...I never give myself enough time in the morning to really give full effort with my makeup. You should start doing video tutorials!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think about High Beam! Sun Beam and Girl Meets Pearl are great as well. If you don't find that you have a lot of time in the morning, mix some High Beam with some moisturizer/foundation/BB cream (your pick. It'll give a subtle, dewy look.

      Delete
    2. you have great lips for dark colors!

      Delete

Feel free to comment below, I'll try my best to get back to you!