Google

11.14.2012

Pink Truffles and Fresh Haircuts


In case you haven't noticed, my hair is constantly evolving.  I've been having loads of fun coloring my hair but wanted to try something different.  So when my friend needed a hair model for a cut, I didn't think twice!  I couldn't believe that my hair was already waist-length... So I chopped it off.  We decided to go with a mid-back length with layers cut in. The best part, the pink is finally gone!  I've been trying to lift the pink out of my hair for over a year (seriously!) to no avail, the best I could do was pastel pink.

P.S. this is one of the few times you will see me with straight hair, I don't have the patience for it.  Good thing  I like my big wavy hair!

now on to the makeup...


I've raved about Revlon lip butters before, I've sworn that Lollipop was my favorite one.  But I got my hands on Pink Truffle and we are in looooooove!  To me, it's the perfect pinky nude.  Perfect, I tell you!

What I used:

  • NYX Studio Perfect Primer in Green (fantastic at neutralizing red tones)
  • Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream
  • LASplash eye dust in Baja Sand
  • eyeko Skinny eyeliner pen
  • Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner in Perversion
  • Smashbox Full Exposure mascara
  • Revlon Lip Butter in Pink Truffle
  • Smashbox Be Discovered Cream Cheek Trio in Show Biz
I had to work an event that night so I had to keep everything neutral.  I think this is a great look for work, or anywhere else you may need to keep it toned down. 


Don't pink truffles sound delicious?  I wish I had some candy to share with all of you!
Let's get social!

12 comments :

  1. look gorgeous!!! love that cat eye!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow.you looks fabulous. love the hair.wish i could cut mine but hubby trouble :(
    also love the makeover too...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, the mister isn't a fan of short hair either. But I asked him if he'd rather run his hands through healthy hair or split ends, lol. xx

      Delete
  3. Your new haircut is super cute! :-)
    I'm loving lip butters at the moment too! I've got three colors so far, but Pink Truffle looks so fab on you, I might have to add that to my collection too. :D

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. let me know if you do! I'm almost ashamed to admit how many lip butters I have, lol.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm always trying to change my hair, haha.

      Delete
  5. Love the hair! Mine is getting soooo long, and I find it such a pain to deal with in winter, so I'm chopping it off at the end of the month. And Pink Truffle is a fav of mine- such a wearable neutral!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohhh, would love to see pics! I think I'm due for a cut as well but I'm trying to hold out - it keeps me warm, haha. I wish I had found out about Pink Truffle earlier!

      Delete

Feel free to comment below, I'll try my best to get back to you!