Google

11.06.2012

Dupe Series: UO Sea Dust


   We've come to the third and last polish in the dupe series, UO Sea Dust.  This may have been the dupe I was most excited about!  As soon as I saw Deborah Lippmann Mermaid's Dream, I feel in looooooooove with the shimmery glittery goodness!  But the price tag was a bit steep for me... Imagine my surprise when I came across Sea Dust! 



   In the pic above, I'm wearing 2 coats of Sea Dust, except for the pinky, which has one coat.  I do think I would've been better off with a 3rd coat.  With the flash, you can see more of an aqua blue color.  It looks like a foil-y glitter with slightly larger hex glitter.


You can see more of the seafoam green and the pretty aquamarine glitter in this close-up.


   Honestly, this is such a pretty color.   It is exactly what I would imagine a mermaid wearing.  It reminds me of summer, the beach, of the water in the Caribbean (especially the beaches of Puerto Rico).  It also makes for an awesome pedicure color!


   Compared to swatches I've seen of Mermaid's Dream, Sea Dust come very close!  What seems to be missing is a smattering of gold, but to the untrained eye (like mine, haha), you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.  The formula on this was good, but would need 3 coats for full coverage.  While it may look gritty, it smooths out wonderfully with some top coat. Sea Dust can be found online or in-store.  UO nail polish retails for $5 or 2 for $8, which is a great deal!  

  Hopefully this "series" has been useful in identifying dupes.  If you enjoy posts like these, let know, so that I can post sales as I find them.  I know that I love a good deal, how about you?

Have a fantastic day!

Let's get social!

18 comments :

  1. I really enjoy posts like these. Really pretty color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, will try to have similar posts up.

      Delete
  2. This reminds me of Ariel from The Little Mermaid. Such a gorgeous shade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is even more stunning in person...

      Delete
  3. I saw this at UO and I was kicking myself because I already own the DL version! Oh well haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, I was so close to breaking down and ordering the DL version!

      Delete
  4. wow thats a gorgeous color! xx
    http://beautybynaynay.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. It's such a pretty color, especially in the summer.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I couldn't believe my eyes when I found it!

      Delete
  7. I really want Mermaid Dream now - the finish is so curious - I haven't seen anything like this in Hong Kong so definitely I'm going to pick this up when I'm back in the US!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Highly recommend it! I like it best with some top coat, so it's not gritty.

      Delete

Feel free to comment below, I'll try my best to get back to you!