Google

11.04.2012

Dupe Series: UO Lollipop



   Hi everyone!  I'm back with another UO nail polish, Lollipop, which looks to be a dupe for Deborah Lippmann's Candy Shop.  I've titled it "Dupe Series" because 1. I think they are dupes for higher end polishes and 2. who doesn't like finding out about dupes???  I know that I love to find out about cheaper versions because it means more polish/ makeup for me! Yayyyyyyyy! 

But onto the polish...



ice cube shot!


   Lollipop is an absolute glitterbomb in a milky pink base... I admit I was a bit skeptical about the coverage so I put on some hot pink underwear (Soo #170) and two coats of Lollipop.  Man, was I proven wrong!  You can only see the hot pink around the edges, that's how dense this glitter is.  The drying time on this was pretty fast, but the formula is a bit thick, due to all the glitter.  As with most glitters, this looks best with a top coat.


Look at all the GLITTER!  I count at least three different size glitters, how about you?


Now is it a dupe for Deborah Lippmann Candy Shop?  I don't have the original, but based off pics online, they seem very close.  If anything, Lollipop contains a little more variety in glitter and is denser.  Which is a plus in my book.  And you can't beat the price... Lollipop can be found online or in-store.  UO nail polish retails for $5 or 2 for $8, which is a great deal! 

Are you a fan of dupes, or do you prefer the real deal?

Let's get social!

8 comments :

  1. I dont know if this is a dupe as I dont have either colours but I love it. I am so into glitter polishes this season & this one is so pretty. I didnt know UO did polish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am all about the glitter, haha. I found the polishes while I was waiting on line, such a great discovery!

      Delete
  2. love these nails!! I found you through the blog hop on #bbloggers - following you now :)

    http://talesofapaleface.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, checking your site out now! xx

      Delete
  3. Omg beautiful shade, great eye for dupes you have there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's definitely worth picking up a bottle (or two, lol)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I'm so happy I found it bc it's easier to find an Urban Outfitters near me than Claire's.

      Delete

Feel free to comment below, I'll try my best to get back to you!