Google

11.05.2012

Dupe Series: UO Dust


   Hello, everyone!  Hope you had a wonderful weekend!  Here is the second polish in my dupe series, UO Dust, which closely resembles Lippmann Today was a Fairytale.  Dust is silver hex and micro glitter in a smoky blue-grey jelly base.  Sounds magical, no?



In the pic above, I've used two coats except for my pinky, which has only one.  No complaints about the formula, it was a lot easier to manage than Lollipop.  Probably because the glitter isn't as dense.  Also, expect the larger glitter to be a bit sparse, you may need to move it around so it looks even.  In this picture, you can see more of the grey tone in the base.


   With flash  you can see more the blue in the base.  


I've included a close-up, so you can enjoy all the glitter!  I noticed that in the pictures, some of the glitter looks curled but trust me, it laid perfectly flat on the nail.

 
I love how Dust has that suspended glitter look, it's one of my favorite finishes.  While I'm not the biggest fan of this alone, I love it over other colors, especially light blues and greys.  If you're hesitant about purchasing Today was a Fairytale, why not give Dust a try?  Dust can be found online or in-store.  UO nail polish retails for $5 or 2 for $8, which is a great deal!

Let's get social!

4 comments :

  1. Oooh nice! That's a really pretty glitter mix! I like the light blue base coloring too. :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I like the colored base too, gives it something extra when layered. It's so pretty over light blues!

      Delete
  2. This is really pretty! I saw it a while back but I didn't realize the base was tinted. I actually like it more now that I know that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's a murky base that looks blue over light blues but grey over other colors.

      Delete

Feel free to comment below, I'll try my best to get back to you!