Google

10.06.2012

Vintage Lamé Sweater ... also known as Tokidoki SANDy


   Hi everyone! I've put myself on a soft no-buy for the time being, so I wanted to share some stuff I had purchased beforehand.  The last time I was at Sephora, I noticed that all of the Tokidoki collection had been placed on clearance.  I took advantage by snapping up a palette and a polish.  I went with SANDy, a glitterbomb full of gold micro glitter, gold and blueish bar glitter (similar to the bar glitter in OPI's Save Me) and I swear I saw some lavender micro glitter as well.  I don't have pics of the bottle since I took these at work on my phone. 


   I went with my holy grail black polish, Wet n Wild Black Creme and 2 coats of SANDy, concentrating it on the tips (basically a gradient). As you can expect, this does not dry smooth in the least!  Also I ended up filing the edges, to catch the stray bar glitter.  I got this bright idea AFTER I scratched my eye... 


   What did I think of the end result?  I LOVED it...  Pictures do not grasp how bright and sparkly this was.  Basically, my nails were so sparkly, it was obnoxious.  Also they reminded me of vintage sweaters full of lamé thread.  As my coworker lovingly put it, "it looks like a sweater Jessie Spano would wear".  

Which is fine by me.

Don't forget to enter my Johnson & Johnson giveaway!

Let's get social!

14 comments :

  1. Love this! I didn't get a chance to grab up any of their polishes. It's a shame sephora is no longer carrying Tokidoki :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! The Love from London palette is pretty dope. I wonder if they will continue to make cosmetics?

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Girl, this is nothing compared to how they really looked. I couldn't stop waving them around!

      Delete
  3. This is so awesome!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's definitely filed under favorite manicures.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Very much so, the bar glitter was no joke. :)

      Delete
  5. Very nice and sparkling!
    (There is a Halloween contest on my blog you may be interested in)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank, I will be taking a look at the contest!

      Delete
  6. Good idea to file the edges of the nails. I didn't do that the first time I wore Save Me, and I really disliked the sharp scratchiness. Next time I'll have to remember to file it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely made a difference, especially when I rubbed my eyes :)

      Delete
  7. Wow. I can only imagine how insane that looks in person!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was so obnoxious in person, haha!

      Delete

Feel free to comment below, I'll try my best to get back to you!