Google

10.02.2012

My Fashion's Night Out


Since I'm playing catch-up over here, I want to share a few photos I took from Fashion's Night Out.  This was the first time I participated and while it was fun, I can't say I will participate again.  It made Soho more crowded than usual, and I CANT with huge crowds, especially when people act like they don't know how to walk in New York.  There is a reason I avoid Times Square and Herald Square!  Also I don't know that I'm a "fashion-y"person per se. I mean I appreciate it, grew up around Fashion Week (my mom worked at Vera Wang, Calvin Klein and Reem Acra, usually as part of ready to wear) but that's kinda where it ends.  However I enjoyed the events I attended.



I knew that it was going to be a pretty long night, so I wanted to wear something that would last.  I had picked up tokidoki's  Love from London palette recently since it was on sale.  I really love this palette and I'm kinda bummed that their line has been discontinued.  Here I used :
  • Baker Street (matte nude) on my browbone 
  • Berwick Street (an iridescent brown with aqua sparkle) on my lid
  • Savile Row (shimmery brown) in the crease.  
  • Sephora Nano Liner in Iced Brown on my waterline.  
  • NYX Candy Glitter liner in Crystal as a inner eye highlight
  • Benefit They're Real mascara (I luhhhhhhh this stuff!)
  • NYX eyebrow cake powder in Taupe/Ash (it actually works really well with my coloring without being too dramatic
  • eyeko  Skinny Liquid Eyeliner in Black, I don't think I can rave enough about this product.  You can read my original review here.



 Here you can see more of that aqua sparkle I was talking about earlier.


I think it goes without saying that I am completely obsessed with Liptars!  I wanted something bright so i went with Queen, a neon coral.  However, as with most neons, my camera couldn't handle it...


I kicked off my night over at Atrium, which was sponsored by Uv Vodka.


I went with the Sweet Caroline, Uv Cake Vodka and cherry Coke.  It was so good, it mysteriously disappered before I could snap a pic.  Weird...


The girls from lali lali salon were beautyifying people.  I would've taken them up on their kind offer BUT they would've been there all night with my crazy hair.  They were nice enough to let me snap a pic while I met with the lovely Mara from Mara in Polishland.


Which is more than what I can say about Chanel.  We went over there to take a peek at their Fashion's Night Out exclusive, where I managed to take this sneaky pic before I was told to stop taking photos.  While I am not a Chanel fan, I was a bit underwhelmed by this collection.  It looked too muddy and safe to me, but to each their own...


I then stepped over to Patricia Field which is definitely more my style, just to admire everything.

I then finished my night at Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics, which is really what saved the night.  But's that for another post...

Let's get social!

5 comments :

  1. Oooooooooh FUN!!! And you are very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that lip colour on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the glittery inner eye highlight you used! And I agree about the Chanel colours- kinda playing it safe, no?

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment below, I'll try my best to get back to you!