Google

10.30.2012

Halloween Look: Tragedy and Comedy Mask


Hi everyone!  Since Hurricane Sandy kept me home from work, I had all this time on my hands.  So what better way to utilize it than with blogging?  I originally wasn't going to make a big deal out of Halloween, not really feeling it this year?  Maybe it's because I've been busy training and working a new job? Whatever the case may be, I came across this idea and decided to bring it to life!  I thought that doing the tragedy and comedy masks would be perfect because I feel that you can live your life as a either one.  Either you view each instance as a tragedy or you can see the comedy in it.  Me?  I choose to see the comedy in everything!




I didn't have any actual face paint so I had to make do with what I had.  I went over half of my face with my NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk, and blended it out with a flat foundation brush.  On the other half, I drew a basic shape for my brow and lip.  I knew I was going to fine-tune the lines later so I focused on making it opaque.


I made an attempt to hid my brow by going over it with Milk and then white eyeshadow.  I then painted on a brow using Ben Nye cream makeup in Black, and then did the same for my smile.  Using a silvery shadow from my 88 Matte Palette (which is not so matte...), I contoured my cheek and my nose.


I painted the other half of my face with the Ben Nye stage makeup, leaving room to paint two tear drops. I used a foundation brush for large areas and then detailed using a lip brush.  I used the same silver shadow to contour this side of my face as well.


I lined my waterline on the tragic part of my face using Milk.  I purposefully made my smile wider and a bit sinister ( I mean, it's Halloween...) As finishing touch, I put on some lashes I had purchased from Nigel's Emporium when I attended IMAT's.  And TADAAAAA, I was done!


This whole look took me about an hour to do (and that's including putting on the lashes), which isn't too bad.  This would make a simple costume, I would wear all black or maybe a white collared shirt and a blazer.  I'm still not sure what I'm dressing up as, but stayed tuned, I have another look in store!

I hope everyone one who lives on the east coast made it out okay.  While New York City took its fair share of Hurricane Sandy, I was fortunate enough to live pretty far uptown so I only had to deal with the wind.  My heart goes out to everyone affected...

Let's get social!

20 comments :

  1. Great Halloween look! Those eyelashes are amazingly long, I need to get my hands on some of those for my next fancy dress party :) x

    One Little Vice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, you should definitely check out Nigel's Emporium. Such an amazing variety of lashes! xx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, Jackie! It was pretty fun to do. xx

      Delete
  3. This is seriously amazing!

    Lola xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very artistic!

    www.mintyessence.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, trying to hold on to my art school training, haha! xx

      Delete
  5. Cool! Shared via Twitter perfect for Halloween procrastinators like myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. gracias, amiga! much appreciated! xoxoxoxoxo

      Delete
  6. How fun! Great application, girl! And I commend you for using what you had on hand. Sometimes we have to improvise :-) Great job.
    Stay safe, and Happy Halloween!
    xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it, although something tells me I need some more face makeup ;) hope you had a great Halloween, xoxoxo

      Delete
  7. I love this! (And I'm not just saying that because I do theatre... Ok I am a tiny bit :P)

    And I'm glad to hear Sandy didn't affect you :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kas! I'm super thankful as well, but it hurts to see other New Yorkers in such bad conditions.

      Delete
  8. OMG!! you look amazing haha just kidding!! but love this halloween loook

    ReplyDelete
  9. So awesome! And those eyelashes!! :D

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks Yun! As for the eyelashes, they were the most dramatic ones I could find, surprising comfortable!

      Delete

Feel free to comment below, I'll try my best to get back to you!