Google

10.24.2012

Celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month with Carlos Santana

my faves from the collection

   Although Hispanic Heritage Month is now over (I don't understand how it makes sense for it to run from September 15th to October 15th... Why not the month of September or October?), I could not resist sharing photos of an event I attended, courtesy of Latina Lifestyle Bloggers and Vanidades magazine.  In case y'all didn't know, I am very orgullosa to be part of three amazing Latina cultures.  I am Puerto Rican and Salvadoran, and my husband is Brazilian, which means a whole lot of trying to roll my "Rrrrrrrrrrrrrs*"! 

   So when the opportunity arose to attend an event celebrating Carlos Santana at the Macy's at Herald Square, I HAD to go.  Have you seen his shoes?  Pure sex, I tell you...

 

   Now what kind of blogger would I be if I didn't share my cocktail with you?  The drink you see above is a Virgin Peach Sangria. Since it was an event open to everyone, there was no alcohol.  It was yummy nonetheless, with chunks of apple, peach and orange.


The man of the hour, Carlos Santana.  The way event was set up, with any purchase of $50 or more entitled you to meet Carlos, get his new album, and get it signed.  Sounds fantastic but was not within my budget.  I did get a chance to see him through the crowd, but wasn't able to snap a pic.  I did enjoy the music and most importantly, the newest collection!


   I am such a sucker for flowers, especially orchids.  I couldn't resist taking a picture of this beautiful arrangement...


One thing almost all the shoes had in common? GLITTER!  So of course I fell in love with almost all of them.


Isn't the flower detail cute?


I fell in lust with these brown boots, so pretty!


Gorgeous gold pump with a hidden platform


these boots are definitely NOT for the shy!


See what I mean by all the glitter?!

All in all, I was happy I attended the event. Especially because I got to see Carlos Santana make his exit (pure coincidence).  He was only a few feet away from my and I like to think that we made eye contact...

*Despite the fact that Spanish is my first language, I cannot roll my "R's".  If my life depended on it, I would be dead...

So what do you think of the new collection?  Yay or Nay on sparkly shoes?  While they may not be suitable for every occasion, I think they are perfect for festive events.  And again, a huge thank you to Latina Lifestyle Bloggers and Vanidades magazine for allowing me to attend!


Let's get social!

10 comments :

  1. Amazing photos! I LOVE sparkly shoes especially to wear during the holidays. Great post and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chantel! I have to agree with you, these are all amazing for the holidays. The pair with the studs are calling my name!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. he definitely does, I have a few pairs already.

      Delete
  3. I have always lved his designs. You are lucky you got to see him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too, you can tell that a lot of thought has been put into the design. It was totally unexpected, i was literally walking out the exit when I saw the limo.

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness- those shoes!! I couldn't wear them, but I'd definitely spend hours just looking at them- que gorgeous!!! Thanks for the pics, I really enjoyed them. BB2U

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha, I think I would wear them but sit down so I could stare at them... Gracias for stopping by, BB!

      Delete
  5. those shoes ARE pure sex... holy mf!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm saying! They are even more gorgeous in person!

      Delete

Feel free to comment below, I'll try my best to get back to you!