Google

9.06.2012

Ombre using UO Seadust: Possible Lippmann Dupe?


Like I may have mentioned before. I'm kinda obsessed with sponge gradients...  I think I'm getting better everytime I do them.  This time I wanted to use Pastel Orange by Kleancolor and Seadust (from Urban Outfitters).  First off, I don't have Deborah Lippmann  Mermaid's Dream to compare it to, but I feel like UO Seadust (Urban Outfitter's brand) is a passable dupe for it.  If you have Mermaid's Dream, please chime in, I'd love to know!  Anyway, on to the manicure!

Click to read more!


  While waiting for the mister to finish physical therapy, I walked into a beauty supply nearby and found a goldmine of NYX, Soo and Kleancolor products.  I was looking for a peachy color and Kleancolor Pastel Orange fit the bill.  I was a little worried at first because of how much it had separated.


  It dries super glossy, but is a bit of a problem child.  It is a little chalky and needs at least 2 coats to kinda level out, although 3 coats would probably be better.  However, since this was a ombre, I got away with 2 coats.


Using a sponge eyeshadow applicator, I sponged Seadust onto my tips.  I started about halfway on the nail. I waited for that to dry and then sponged again.


   I then used a quick-dry top coat to smooth eveything out.  Here is a close-up of how it turned out.  I like how this turned out, having sparkly tips.  Stay tuned, I'm going to feature some more possible Lippmann dupes!

How do you feel about ombre nail art?

18 comments :

  1. It very well could be a dupe, I don't have the DL tho - very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, this satisfies the need I had for the DL. For one DL, I can get 3 UO polishes, a much better deal.

      Delete
  2. I'm so bad, I bought the DL polish when it first came out and I STILL haven't worn it yet :/ Completely forgot about it actually! Thanks for the reminder lol...but looking a your pictures I think this is a great alternative to spending $20 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, I've done the same. I think I need to go through my untried polishes, and see what else I find.

      Delete
  3. Lovely gradient! And I don't have the DL to compare it too, but it would be fantastic if it was a dupe. I'll have to keep my eye out for any comparisons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I feel like they're very similar, compared to the swatches I've seen.

      Delete
  4. I love gradients too, they're so forgiving if you make a mistake..and sponges are fun :) Great DL dupe find!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've no idea about the dupe angle, but the UO sure is pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it looks gorgeous in sunlight, I couldn't stop looking at it.

      Delete
  6. Love the gradient, and it definitely looks like a dupe of the DL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I've noticed that Urban has been coming out with dupes... which is fine by me!

      Delete
  7. Nice nails!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment below, I'll try my best to get back to you!