Google

9.21.2012

Girly Girl Nail Art Challenge Day #2: Blinged Out!


  I haven't forgotten about this challenge, just trying to play catch-up...  The 2nd challenge was "Blinged Out" and while my mind went automatically to rhinestones, I had these fun glitters from Martha Stewart Crafts to play around with.




   I found this set of large hex glitters from the Martha Stewart collection at Michaels, a set of 12 different colors ( all named after gemstones).  Since I already had on Nicole OPI Mer-maid For Each Other, I wanted to use different shades of blue and aqua in this set. Speaking of Mer-maid For Each Other, what a pretty color!  It is a green/blue multichrome that also flashes gold, and is good in two coats.  Rest assured it is NOT a Peridot dupe, but if you have China Glaze's Unpredictable, then you probably don't need this color.  Unpredictable may be easier to get since Mer-maid For Each Other is a Target exclusive.


  Once I finished applying my nail color, I then applied a coat of clear polish.  I would recommend using a polish with a regular drying time, not a quick-dry.  I then got friendly with a toothpick and got to work sticking on the glitter.  I did each finger individually and then sealed the glitter in with a top coat.


From left to right:
index finger - I used China Glaze Ray-diant on half the nail and then used Sterling as the glitter accent.
middle finger- I did a gradient using Sterling, Turquoise and Lapis Lazuli
ring finger - I framed the nail with Turquoise
pinky finger - created a triangle using Lapis Lazuli

   This came out so ridiculously sparkly!  These glitters are no joke, I'm so glad I purchased them.  I've heard good things about using Martha Stewart glitter in creating polishes but these may be a tad too big.  While they may look like they are lifting up, they laid flat on the nail.



16 comments :

  1. I need to try this its so cute. Your so creative hun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, let me know if you try it out!

      Delete
  2. What a cute mani! (and I love the new name of your blog!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. thanks, my camera couldn't handle all the bling!

      Delete
  4. Yay for the new blog. This is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, craft stores are my new nail art stores, lol.

      Delete
  5. OOOO super fun nails. I must give it a try. :)

    xx Love & Aloha
    http://elisharon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, it was pretty easy, give it a whirl!

      Delete
  6. Love this- it makes me think of a glorious holographic honeycomb. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I hadn't thought of it that way! I may need to revisit this manicure.

      Delete
  7. This is absolutely lovely!!! I love everything that is sparkly and glitery :) This size of sparkle definitely would be my choice for night out :) pretty :) Please check out my blog too: http://troublemakeronheels.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by, I'm gonna check out your link now. xx

      Delete

Feel free to comment below, I'll try my best to get back to you!