Google

8.23.2012

Teddy Bear Nails


   Remember when I purchased some glitter flocking powder?  I was curious about the "velvet" nails trend, just not enough to pay $25... So when I saw a set that contained GLITTER flocking powder, it had to be mine!  I don't know about you, when I saw the brown color in the kit, I immediately thought of a teddy bear! And thus this manicure was born...




Before I explain how I made my nails fuzzy, lets talk about the flocking powder? The set I purchased was from the Martha Stewart Collection. Leave it to Martha to make everything better with glitter! This powder was chockful of tiny iridescent greenish glitter. It give a twinkly, glimmery look to the powder.


   I decided to use OPI Suede in You Don't Know Jacques, a shimmery matte brown. This is one of my favorite polishes, I think that there is something so chic about the silvery matte finish. This color goes on opaque in two coats and there's no need for a top coat since it's matte. I painted all of my nails with two coats, except for my thumbs and ring fingers. 

   I then painted my ring finger and while it was wet, I dipped it in the flocking powder.  I was able to tap off the excess.  Unlike the caviar nails, there was practically no clean-up.  I then repeated this process for the rest of my accent nails. Since this was supposed to look fuzzy, there was no need for top coat.


   This is seriously some of the EASIEST nail art I've ever done.  I feel like velvet nails are really polarizing, either you love it or you don't.  I liked it as a fun accent nail, but I haven't tested it out as a full manicure... yet.  As for the wear on these?  Honestly, I was able to wear this for about 4 days, hand washing and all.  The furry nails dried off pretty fast, but as days passed, they got a little less fuzzy.  Honestly, I'm surprised I wore them as long as I did.  I thought I was going to hate them, haha.

Are velvet nails a trend you're willing to try?

8 comments :

  1. Hahaha, fun idea, a glittering, warm and fuzzy teddy bear :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, I mean the perfect teddy bear would be glittery (at least in my mind...)

      Delete
  2. Haha I really like the idea of teddy bear nails :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I may revisit this idea again if I can get little googly eyes... if only for the kawaii factor...

      Delete
  3. I love that flocking powder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Courtesy of Martha Stewart. Only she can perfect flocking powder by adding glitter...

      Delete
  4. Glitter flocking powder? I had no idea they made a glitter kind! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, it really exists! I got mine as a set of six colors.

      Delete

Feel free to comment below, I'll try my best to get back to you!