Google

8.16.2012

Such a Harlot!


I just realized I have a huge backlog of photos to go through.  Here are some pics I took of my makeup for my 10 year HS reunion.  I CANNOT believe 10 years have already passed since I graduated!  While it may not have been everyone's typical experience, I had so much fun in high school.  I went to a big performing arts school in the heart of NYC,  where it was encouraged to be as expressive as possible.  maybe that's where my love affair with color and glitter began...  But let's move on to the makeup, shall we?


I decided to go with a simple cat eye.  I used my beloved NYX eyeshadow base in Nude.  I brushed on LASplash in Baja Sand all over my eyelid, and brow bone.  I then used a shimmery copper from my Too Faced dupe palette in the crease.


Instead of going with a traditional black cat-eye, I went for a twinkly blue version.  I lined my waterline and top lid with Cailyn gel liner in navy.  I then went over it with Magnolia Makeup pigment in Crescent, a dark teal with blue sparkles.  It lasted all night!  I finished off with some They're Real mascara.  As for the rest of my face, just some translucent powder, bronzer and NYX Mosaic Powder in Highlighter.


Here is the part where my camera freaks out. I decided to used OCC liptar in Harlot.  This is probably the color I reach for the most, the best way to describe it is as a neon red. It is so hard to capture this color, think of China Glaze's Surfin for Boys, but in liquid form.  I love using liptars because they last a long time, and I rarely have to touch them up.

Are you a fan of bright lips or bright eye makeup?

4 comments :

  1. There is an award for you on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We graduated the same year! Although I didn't bother with my reunion because I hated high school :P I love the colors you used for your eye makeup, especially your liner. I'm a fairly recent fan of bright lip colors. I always like bright eye makeup, but when I go for a subtle eye look I now like to wear bright lip colors. I'm still a lipstick newbie though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a fan of both bright eye makeup and lip colours, although on myself I usually gravitate towards bright eye makeup. I find it easier to wear. I'm always slightly anxious wearing bright lips, because I'm worried about getting a bunch of lipstick on my teeth! It always seems to go that way... :P

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment below, I'll try my best to get back to you!