Google

8.15.2012

Studded and Radioactive


  How is everyone doing?  Things have finally resumed a semblance of normalcy for me.  So I decided to celebrate with some studs.  I don't know if it's result of growing up in a ”rough” neighborhood, listening to the Ramones etc., or what, but I love anything studded.  If it looks like it would hurt if I smacked you with it, I NEED it, haha. But I digress.

   I'm sure you have heard me wax poetic about the China Glaze Summer Neons collection.  And how Sun-Kissed may possibly be most PERFECT neon yellow ever.  Well I decided to pair Sun-Kissed with Pirate Polish' s Radioactive, a neon yellow and green matte glitter.  All I needed was a coat of Sun-Kissed and 2 coats of Radioactive for for this manicure.

   While my polish was still wet, I applied some gold studs I purchased  at Urban Outfitters.  I used a pair of  tweezers to set them in place but I'm sure you can use a wet toothpick.  Two coats of top coat gave my nails a smooth, glossy look.

   And this manicure wore like iron.  I was able to wear this for 4 days before seeing any tip wear.  Those studs weren't going anywhere.  Not bad, eh?  Removal did require cotton and tinfoil, but that was to be expected.  All in all, I was super happy with how this came out.  I only wish I had been able to take more photos. 
Have a great day!


9 comments :

  1. It looks great - I love Radioactive, it's such a gorgeous polish :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So creative, very cool! #LLBlog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed that the studs stayed put so well! Wicked combo- thanks for sharing it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. 4 days w/out a chip?? I'll take it. Great color!

    Bren @ B So Chic!™
    http://www.bsochic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still haven't tried studs yet--good to hear you got good wear on this!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment below, I'll try my best to get back to you!