Google

8.03.2012

Pirate Polish Swatches

Hi everyone, I'm so excited to show swatches from Pirate Polish, the indie polish collection started by The Lacquer Tracker.  This is actually my first foray into the world of indie polishes, and her swatches definitely drew me in!


The first polish I wanted to show is Radioactive, a mix of neon green and yellow matte glitters.   Love...


Here is Radioactive.  On my index finger, 2 coats of Radioactive over black.  Middle and pinky fingers have an attempt at a gradation.  On my ring finger, one coat of radioative over black.  I like how it looks with one coat over black, and the gradation effect. Although, I think I may try Radioactive over China Glaze Sun-Kissed.


Here is a pic of Radioactive with flash.

Keep reading to see more!



Next up is Down the Rabbit Hole.  Alice in Wonderland is one of my favorite movies/books ever so this polish needed to be in my life, haha.  Back in high school, I used the Jabberwocky poem for a calligraphy class, just to give you an idea of how deep this love goes.   For real...


At first glance, I thought Down the Rabbit Hole was a black jelly, but when I looked at it closely I saw a slight shimmer in the base color.  It gave a slight smokiness to the polish, which really made it unique.  That, and the mix of glitter.  It contains small and large hex glitter, bar glitter and even holo square glitter.  So in love with this color as well!


It may be a little hard to see in the photos but I used Down the Rabbit Hole over a few different colors. Index finger was one coat over Essie Bordeaux. Middle finger is one coat over black.  Ring finger is 2 coats over a clear basecoat.  Pinky finger is one coat over Essie Playa del Platinum.  I really like it over Bordeaux, but will take any combination of the colors above.


The last color I wanted to show is Salt and Pepper, black and white flake glitter in a clear base.  This top coat looks good over everything, I swear!


From left to right, 1 coat over Bordeaux, 1 coat over black, 2 coats alone and 1 coat over Playa del Platinum.


Here is a close-up with flash.  The white flakes have a slight pearly sheen to them, which is fun.


I couldn't resist layering Salt and Pepper with a jelly polish!  In this case, I used China Glaze Ride the Waves.

  Needless to say, I absolutely loved all three polishes.  The formula was great, I didn't have to fish glitter out.   Topcoat is a must for Radioactive and Down the Rabbit Hole, both dry with some texture.  Definitely check out the Etsy store, or the Facebook page.

Are you a fan of indie polishes? Any recommendations?

14 comments :

  1. I have Radioactive and Salt and Pepper too, I love them. I really like the blue jelly sandwich, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooh nice!!
    My favorite is actually your jelly sandwich! But they are all awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having so much fun playing with them!

      Delete
  3. Wow, these are awesome!! Love the jelly sandwich you did with salt and pepper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it goes great with jelly polishes.

      Delete
  4. I'm so happy that you liked all your polishes, Adriana! Thank you for reviewing them. And I'm absolutely loving the jelly sandwich you did with Salt and Pepper- looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for making such great polishes!

      Delete
  5. My friend was just sending me links to these polishes. Now I can see them swatched! They look so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, you should definitely pick some up.

      Delete
  6. I like Rabbit Hole I like the swatches I love looking at nail polish and have so many of them but not good at applying it. lol. Found your link on #llblog now following you : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to be awful at applying polish, but I kept doing it until I got it right. Even then, I still have my days, lol.

      Delete

Feel free to comment below, I'll try my best to get back to you!