Google

8.07.2012

Crimson Tide (it's not what you think!)



   I know, I know.. when I hear "Crimson Tide" , my mind goes places no one's mind should ever go.  In case there was any doubt, I'm a big fan of of bright colored manicures.  Vampy reds, wines, and purples look pretty but don't do it for me.  Until the day I came across "Crimson Tides" by LaSplash. Vampy color + glitter, sounds like a winning combo.  Like I mentioned before, I cut my nails down to nubbins.  So why not try this pretty color on my little nails?

Keep reading for more pics!




   In this pic with flash, you can see the burgundy jelly base.  It went on slightly opaque in one coat, perfect in two.  It has slightly thick formula, but nothing extremely difficult to work with.  The glitter goes on evenly.  It does dry glitty due to all of the glitter, so top coat is a must if you want a smooth, glossy look.


   At first glance, I thought Crimson Tide was a vampy jelly with silver micro glitter.  But as this bottle shot shows, it's COPPER glitter.  I thought that was really a unique touch, love how it looks suspended in the base color.  It gives a "lit from within" look on the nail.



   And because I never leave well enough alone, I decided to use Wet N Wild's Jewelry Heist as an accent on my ring and thumb fingers. The iridescent glitter in Jewelry Heist works really well against a dark color.  That's all I have for today, I hope to get more posts up soon.  It's been a bit hectic in my personal life, so posting had gotten a bit difficult.  Hope you are all doing well!

How do you feel about vampy, dark colors? Yay or nay?

12 comments :

  1. Beautiful!! Love this combo!! I love vampy trampy colors :-) And with glitter!?!?! Nicely done :-) Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm slowly coming around to the vamp side...

      Delete
  2. Ohh, I love vampy colours on short nubbins! This looks great, and I love the glitter accent. Fantastic. I hope everything calms down for you very soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you. I like bold colors on nubbins too.

      Delete
  3. That's beautiful! Jelly, vampy goodness! I'm a HUGE fan of vampy colours. Out of all the types of colours vampy colours give me the most umph when I wear them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jelly! I am really loving this look. And though I hate to take it off, I love huge glitters in polish. This is a great combo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol it took me a second to figure out what you meant by "crimson tide" then I had that "Oooooh I get it" moment. I'm up to speed now! I love dark colors, but I usually gravitate towards them during fall and winter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post !

    Your nails really look amazing I like this dark color with glitters really pretty :)


    I'm an instant follower of you now :)

    Please feel free to check out my blog if you have the time

    p.s Check out my first Rire Boutique Giveaway !! :)
    Love,

    Janice
    the-fashion-milkshake.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love dark colors, in fact i miss wearing my usual black, lol! so this deep burgundy is really pretty, and the sparkles add depth.

    [oomph.]

    ReplyDelete
  8. I laughed for a good two minutes at this title!! Love the color & the glitter :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooh I love it! The sparkles inside the dark base is so pretty! :D

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment below, I'll try my best to get back to you!