Google

7.24.2012

July Birchbox


Hi everyone, today I wanted to show you what I got in my July Birchbox.  I wasn't too fond of last month's Birchbox (hence I didn't write about it) but this month's made up for.  Also at the end of the day, I can't expect too much for $10.  I'm just glad I never receive hair products, I'm so picky about making sure products are color-safe.  

The theme for this month was "The Five Senses", and Birchbox paired up with Glamour magazine to send all types of goodies.


I love how Birchbox packages everything, it always looks so pretty!


Hearing: The extra product in my box was the earbuds designed by Glamour.  I haven't had a chance to try them out yet since my earbuds are working fine, but it's nice to have a back-up!  I love combo of the pink and lime green.  Honestly, this alone is worth 10 bucks, when you consider how much a pair of headphones will run you.


Taste:  LÄRABAR über  bar in Cherry Cobbler.  I've come across LÄRABARS before, love the pecan pie one!  I really liked this bar, it tasted like real fruit, nothing artificial.


Sight: I guess because it's an eyeliner it goes under sight?  I believe this is a full-size product, so YAY!  I've never tried eyeko before, so I was happy to see this in my box.  As far as eyeliner pens go, this is among the easiest I've ever used.  Also, the formula doesn't stain or bleed (I'm looking at you, SEPHORA!).  It allows for a very easy cat-eye, it glides on without having to tug at it.  It washes off very easily.  The bad part: Since it washes off so easily, you can cry or laugh this off.


Touch: Here we have Jouer luminizing moisture tint.  This is the second BB cream/tinted moisturizer I've received from Birchbox,  which is fine by me.  I use one up and then go on to the next one, ha ha.  This sample was seriously tiny, I may get 3 uses, tops.


Just to show how little it was.


When I saw "luminizing"on the tube, my mind went to shimmery.  In the pic above, you can see the product unblended and that slightly shiny area to the right of it, is blended in.  This matched my skin tone pretty well, and gave a dewy effect.  The heart above was done with the eyeko liner, I love how inky it is!


Touch part deux:  Some Boscia blotting linens, I haven't tried these yet since my skin doesn't really get oily.  I will definitely keep them in my purse since it's been so hot out!  These also contain green tea.

Smell: A sample of Live in Love by Oscar de la Renta.  I am really picky about fragrance since they can give me migraines super fast.  This one didn't, it smelled really nice!  It's light enough for daytime use, not overpowering. It's floral without being too "grandma".

So there you have it, July's Birchbox.  I felt pretty satisfied with what I got.  Hopefully Birchbox can keep it up.  I'm glad I got the eyeliner instead of the nail polish, I can get Blue-ming on my own, haha.

Did you get this month's Birchbox?  What did you think of it?

P.S.  I'm teaching a Blowjobs and Beyond workshop tomorrow , so if you in the NYC area, come check it out!  If not, you can keep up with me on Twitter : @ahhhdri




10 comments :

  1. So jealous that we don't get this in the UK. Looks like such a good box!

    Lola ..x
    LolaStarHearts.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it will make it's way over the UK eventually. I remember feeling the same way about GlossyBox. xx

      Delete
  2. I am SO tempted to subby to one of these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Birchbox is the only one I'm subbed to, and I'm pretty happy with what I've gotten. Reading reviews is the best way to gauge a box's consistency, I think. I also get influenster VoxBoxes, here and there, which is fun.

      Delete
  3. Love your blog!! I got the same things this month and I too like everything I got ;)

    Xxx
    http://steffschoice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you! I think this month definitely makes up for June's box. I mean, Band-Aids, really?

      Delete
  4. I saw that people were getting earbuds...pretty cool! Totally worth the ten bucks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! I always need a back-up, haha.

      Delete
  5. The Eyeko eyeliner looks nice! I'm kind of in the market for a new liner (I've been using MAC fluid liner for aaaaaages, but kinda want to try something that doesn't require a brush for application). Seems like it would make for a quick and easy cat eye when I'm in a rush. The earbuds are cute, too! Love the colour combo.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment below, I'll try my best to get back to you!