Google

7.26.2012

Getting Smash(box)ed!


I promised a look using my new Smashbox goodies, no?  Here it is!  I like how simple this looks and how quickly it came together.


Since I wanted this to be as pigmented as possible, I used NYX eye shadow base in White.  I then brushed on Mist (silvery brown) all over my lid.


Then I used Champagne in the inner eye.


I used Pebble in the crease and Opal on my brow bone.


I preppeed my waterline with NYX  Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk, and then used Lilac along my bottom eyelid for a pop of color.  I then used my Eyeko eyeliner marker for a simple cat eye.  This liner makes it sooooo easy!  I also used two coats of Full Exposure mascara. I then fill in my brows with Pebble.


I used Smashbox blush in Show Biz on my lips.  I used the brighter pink color all over and then then dotted the highlighter in the center of my lip, to make them look fuller.


I used the peach color on the apples of my cheeks.  The shimmer highlighter went on the top of my cheek bones.  I then used the brighter color for some light contouring.


Before I forget, I used the Smashbox BB cream all over, after I did my eyes (in case there was any fallout).  I like how their BB cream makes my skin feel and it doesn't cover up my freckles (hey, I like them!), one of the main reasons why I don't wear foundation   I also think you can see how my brows turned out much better in this photo.  I like how it looks, but it's not something I do when I'm in a rush (which is more often than I would like).

Keep cool everyone!


18 comments :

  1. Love this it looks really natural and pretty. Love your cheek color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I was a bit intimidated by using a cream blush, but this one is really easy to apply.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous! You look stunning. Love the way you broke it down step-by-step.
    The highlighter on your cheek is spot on, you're glowing! :)

    Lola ..x
    LolaStarHearts.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!! So beautiful!! Fresh, classy, and a a touch naughty ;) meow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, thanks. I tried to keep the naughty at a minimum - this time!

      Delete
  4. Very beautiful! I love this look, and thank you for doing a "tutorial" kind of post for this. Also, when I reached for last pic I immediately went "Freckles! SO CUTE!" before even reading your comment underneath it. I agree with you- the freckles are definitely for showing off! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I definitely a big fan of translucent powder or tinted moisturizers, I'm all about showing my freckles off.

      Delete
  5. I love how fresh and light this look is! The eye liner really gives it a nice edge ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marianna. Trust me, this liner is so easy to work with!

      Delete
  6. So pretty!!! I love the subtle but yet very existing look!
    You look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I wanted to try something a little different.

      Delete
  7. freckles <3 (i wish i had them, too *sigh*)
    you look so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! All it takes is 10 minutes in the sun for me, lol.

      Delete
  8. love the look, especially your lips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, the cream blush is super versatile.

      Delete

Feel free to comment below, I'll try my best to get back to you!