Google

7.03.2012

Fun with Office Supplies - Half-Moon Manicure




   Hi everyone!  I've had these pics in my folder for awhile, so why not post them?  I was always in awe of people who could do flawless half-moon manicures.  I don't dare to free-hand them, haha.  Instead I purchased a pack of reinforcement stickers.  I decided to go with Essie's Sew Psyched and Orly's Rocket Science (from the Cosmic FX collection.


   I found that the easiest way to do this was to paint the whole nail the color you want the half-moon to be.  I went with a slightly thick coat of Rocket Science.  I waited for it dry completely.  It HAS to be dry, otherwise you will be very sad.  I then applied the reinforcement stickers to each finger.  Sew Psyched needs 2 thin coats to be at it's best.  I went with thin coats, so that it wouldn't look so obvious when I pulled of the stickers.  I pulled the stickers off shortly after I painted my nails so that the edges would be clean.


   I really loved how this came out, it's a great way to use glitter without it being too "in your face."  I know that Sew-Psyched (a dusty gray green with a slight silver shimmer) is part of the permanent collection, so it should be easy to find.  As for Rocket Science (a swampy mossy green, in a brownish base, I know it doesn't sound  appealing but trust...), it was a limited edition collection from 2010.  You may be able to find it online.  Also China Glaze had come out with a similar color in their Haunting Collection, so if you have one, you don't really need the other.  What I like about Rocket Science is that it's not really glitter, but flakes.  It looks amazing in sunlight!

What do you think about half-moon manicures?

9 comments :

  1. I really like this. Love the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right, it's not in your face - but still striking somehow, makes you look twice to make sure what you really are seeing LOL
    The colors work great together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only tried half moons once. Adding to list of manis to try again! love the gold pop

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look great! And a much more fun way to use office supplies :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hadn't thought about doing a half moon mani using a glittery polish- I love how it looks. It's perfect, and the colour combo is great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the combination. I usually free hand them (I have very steady hands!). Will try this next. I just bought a gold nail polish :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! I'm thinking of doing duo shades of purple!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment below, I'll try my best to get back to you!