Google

6.16.2012

NOTD: Pirouette My Whistle



First, let me start off with a HUGE display of gratitude!  I reached 150 followers today, something I never thought would be possible!  I am always amazed when people want to hear what I have to say ( I spout off a lot of nonsense, ask my husband...and my cat) and I definitely feel the blogger love.  Although I may take awhile to respond, I love reading all of your comments! 


When I first purchased Pirouette My Whistle and My Pointe Exactly , I thought about using them together.  Then I changed my mind, deciding to go with my beloved Wet n Wild Black.  Gotta love a polish that is perfect in one coat...  I layered one coat of Pirouette my Whistle and was rather satisfied with the result, especially since I didn't have to go fishing for glitter.  I noticed that this combo looks pretty similar to Metallic for Life, from the OPI Nicki Minaj collection (the only polish I purchased from that collection was Save Me - so worth it!).  It's not an exact dupe, but close enough for me.  


    However, not being one to let things go, I decided to play around with the China Glaze Matte Magic topcoat.  And that's when I really fell in love with this combo!    To me, it looks pretty glossy but nothing spectacular (at least in my opinion).  I've seen the galaxy nails trend, and I think this is one easy quick way to achieve it.


   I totally see myself repeating this combo, I really love how mattified (real word?) glitters look.  How do you feel about matte polishes?

 Hope you guys have a great weekend!

Also don't forget to join my NIVEA contest! It's going on all month. a Rafflecopter giveaway Have a great day everyone!

10 comments :

  1. ".... and my cat" - you are hilarious LOL
    It's a lovely many - and congrats on your 150 readers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I've never seen a swatch of this over black, and it rocks. It's even better mattified! Good stuff. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I definitely think I'm gonna wear it matte from now on. :)

      Delete
  3. so pretty!


    p.s. I'm having a giveaway if you'd like to check it out!
    devorelebeaumonstre.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute nails. just looooove them!

    I invite you to check out my blog :)
    loyaltofashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks, checking your blog right now!

      Delete
  5. i miss black nails. it used to be my everyday color, lol! i like the addition of the glitter polish on top to give it some depth.

    [oomph.]
    Anastasia of Beverly Hills-Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I was all about it until I discovered glitter, lol.

      Delete

Feel free to comment below, I'll try my best to get back to you!