Google

6.19.2012

Little Black Bag!




Soooooooo, thanks to Klout, I received a perk towards my first bag at Little Black Bag... How can I turn down a perk, it would be ungracious...  If you haven't heard of Little Black Bag, here's a quick run down:  It's a $49.95 monthly subscription service (or $59.95 for one-time) in which you pick a bag, then you pay for it and receive a few additional items.  That doesn't exactly sound fun but once you see what you're going to receive, you can trade out your items for other things you want.  That is where it gets fun (and kinda addicting).  You can trade for bags, jewelry, and even cosmetics!  The companies that are participating are Steve Madden, Cargo Cosmetics, BCBG, Betsey Johnson and the list goes on.  The shipping was super quick, I received my bag in less than a week! I came to work last week and was suprised by the lovely box above.



My bags were packaged up nicely.  The dimensions of the bags are listed on the site so there's no guessing game played.



   Here is the first bag I picked:  R&Em Penny Crossbody  which retails for $58, so right there my purchase was worth it.  I have a few big bags so I was really looking for a small purse I can use in the summer.  It's made from faux leather, but it doesn't look or feel fake.


   I also got this pretty necklace:  'ZAD Bright Bead Fringe Necklace (retail $20).  I tend to gravitate towards earrings so I want to push myself out of my comfort zone and go with a statement necklace.



   Here I have michael marcus Cranberry Nail Polish (retail $15).  I had come across michael marcus at both IMATS NYC and The Makeup Show.  I thought the shape of the bottle were pretty, now I'll see if the formula is good as well.


Here is a close up of Cranberry, looks at all that silvery shimmer!



   Finally here is the last item : Nila Anthony Studded Crossbody ( retail $68).  I love anything with studs so this bag is right up my alley.  It's also made from faux leather, but again you can't tell from the quality of the material.

   Had I paid retail price for everything, it would've come out to $161, so paying $60 ( I went with a one-time box) was definitely worth it!  The only original item in my bag was the first bag, everything else I had traded for.  At the moment, I'm not really able to do the monthly subscription but if you're into accessories, go for it!

   Have you used Little Black Bag yet? Would you?

   In other news, I'm teaching a Blowjobs and Beyond workshop tomorrow in the West Village. If you're based out of NYC, Id love to see you there!  Otherwise you can either follow the live-tweet at my twitter account @ahhhdri or my job @PleasureChestNY

Also don't forget to join my NIVEA contest! It's going on all month. a Rafflecopter giveaway Have a great day everyone!

12 comments :

  1. what exactly do you talk about at the bjs and beyond workshop? what kind of people show up? this sounds intriguing.

    also, this is a little pricey for me, but I hadn't heard of this service so thanks for letting me know about it!!

    CHECK OUT MY CoverFX GIVEAWAY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I work at The Pleasure Chest in the Greenwich Village area of NYC. We get all kinds of people , which is part of the fun. I'm all about spreading sex education!

      Delete
  2. Hi Adri! We love all the items inside your bag - especially your first pick! The studded bag is to die for. We can't wait to see you back on the site!

    Please feel free to let us know if you had any feedback or comments about your shopping experience.

    -Chathri Ali
    Little Black Bag
    chathri[at]littleblackbag[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I loved using the service, it came so fast!

      Delete
  3. Never heard of this before, it sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's pretty awesome... and addicting, lol.

      Delete
  4. I looked into this subscription a couple of weeks ago. It looks really interesting, especially since it has some great brands...I'm sold on Betsy Johnson. It's too pricey for me right now, but when I get my finances back in check I'll probably try the one month.
    I've never been to a sex toy/blow job party, I have a friend (more of a friend of a friend) in nyc that used to send me a bunch of invites for sex toy parties, but now she sends me invites for feminist empowerment type get togethers. I guess they could kinda go hand in hand...haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I only went with one month (damn you bills!).

      Hahaha, they definitely go hand in hand.

      Delete
  5. I had heard of LBB before but the Klout perk really persuaded me to sign up. I barely slept during the trading week. I was so into it lol. When I got the box I ended up not happy about one of my items and the other didn't fit but I contacted LBB's customer service and they were so helpful and understanding. I exchanged the items and got credit for items in a future bag. It's a bit pricey for a monthly thing but I do like them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, the Klout perk is what sucked me in! That's awesome that they were able to help you out!

      Delete
  6. wow...I didn ´t know about this!!! love the bag and the necklace!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I can't wait to start wearing the necklace.

      Delete

Feel free to comment below, I'll try my best to get back to you!