Google

6.13.2012

Jelly (Gradient) Sandwich with My Pointe Exactly & Correction Tape


   I know it's been a while since I've done a nail post so here goes!  I caved in and purchased 2 polishes from OPI NYC Ballet collection.  I couldn't help it, a sheer gray, it sounded so interesting.  Who can resist that?  With that logic, My Pointe Exactly and Pirouette My Whistle came home with me, and found their place among my stash.  Today I'm showing a manicure I did with My Pointe Exactly and Wet n Wild 's Correction Tape (*limited edition).


   I tried My Pointe Exactly on it's own and then immediately was like meh.  I've come to the realization that I like gray polish in theory, but not so much on me... However this color is amazing for layering!  I flirted with the idea of using Pirouette My Whistle, but decided to save that for another day.  Instead I went with Wet n Wild's Correction Tape from the On the Prowl collection.  For some reason that collection never found its way into NYC, so I was reduced to Ebay stalking...  I'm so glad I got this, it's a glitter bomb of light blue and gold hex glitter as well as black and pink SQUARE glitter.


   Since a jelly sandwich wasn't enough, I decided to go with a gradient.  I applied 2 coats of My Pointe Exactly, which has a great non-streaky formula, and then a coat of Correcton Tape, covering 3/4 of the nail.  Another coat of My Pointe Exactly, followed by Correction Tape on the tips.  Add a quick-dry top coat and done!  I know that sounds like a lot of polish but My Pointe Exactly goes on pretty thin,  Correction Tape has a thicker formula, I had to dab the glitter on. However it didn't feel thick on my nails, nor did I experience any tip wear.

* On the Prowl was a limited edition collection, containing dupes for Deborah Lippmann's Superstar and Ruby Red Slippers.  However, Wet n Wild's Spoiled line contains re-promotes of these three shades.  However, Spoiled's Trust Fund Baby (Correction Tape) has the same color combination but none of the square glitter.

How do you guys feel about layering glitter with sheer polishes?

Also don't forget to join my NIVEA contest! It's going on all month. a Rafflecopter giveaway Have a great day everyone!

12 comments :

  1. I love this gradient-jelly sandwich, great combination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I didn't want to take it off, haha.

      Delete
  2. I love the Gradient AND sandwich combination you did :) I bought My Pointe Exactly too because it was a gray sheer jelly, I passed on the rest though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I thought it was such a unique color as well. Also I haven't seen many swatches of the Jelly Syrup line by Nfu-Oh, so I thought this was a safe bet.

      Delete
  3. Oh it is very lovely! love anything with glitter

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh, I love this! I want that glitter polish!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may still be able to find it on ebay. If you don't really care about the square glitter, Wet N Wild re-promoted it in their Spoiled line, which is pretty easy to find.

      Delete
  5. I'm loving the glitter polish!
    merrybellyland777.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Checking your site out now.

      Delete

Feel free to comment below, I'll try my best to get back to you!