Google

6.25.2012

I See Rainbows Everywhere!


Hi everyone!  Yesterday was NYC Pride, so of course I had to go all out with the makeup!  Although, Pride  Parade and Pridefest get super crowded, I love being in the Village on that day.  It feels amazing to be in an area buzzing with good vibes.  Thankfully it was a beautiful day in NYC, sunny and warm.  This year I was passing out paddles and buttons for my job, so I got to be in the center of the action of Pridefest.  Since I was going to be out and about, I though why not do my take on rainbow eyes.  Sorry, for the quality of some of the photos, I only had my phone on me and I literally did this at work..


I first primed my eyes using NYX eyeshadow base in white, since I really wanted the colors to POP.  Using my 88 Matte palette from Crown Brush (which is perfect for these types of looks!), I brushed on a lemon yellow on my inner eye.


After that, I applied an orange color all over the rest of the lid.  The orange wasn't as pigmented so i went over it a few times.


Then I applied a bright red in the crease and blended it out.  I'm so surprised that this palette contains 2 reds, generally its hard to find a true red.


Using an eyeliner brush, I applied the eyeshadow base along my bottom lashes and waterline.  If you have sensitive eyes, you may want to be cautious about this.  Then I applied a bright green, a bright blue and a royal purple.  Since I cannot fathom Pride without glitter, I patted on La Splash Face Body Glitter in Champagne bubbles, an iridescent gold all over my lid.  I also used La Splash Diamond Dust Shimmer in Radiant Ivy, an iridescent white/green in the inner eye, as a highlight.  Since I wasn't using a sticky base, there was definitely fallout!


I then decided to be bold and use fake lashes, I went with Ardell 101 demis.  I followed up with some mascara on my bottom lashes and I was ready!  


Why not follow up bright eyes with bright lips?  I went with OCC lip tar in Harlot, a neon red.  I love this color so hard!  It might be the one I reach for the most!  Lately since it's been so hot and humid in NYC (not as sexy as it sounds), I've only been using translucent powder and a bit of bronzer.  

All day I was getting noticed by people at the festival. On the other hand, it's might've been the booty shorts I was wearing... Gotta love uniforms, right?  I was really impressed with the staying power of my makeup.  It lasted about 9 hours before fading.  Another thing I noticed?  Just like capturing neon nail colors is a pain in the ass, so is capturing neon hair color...  In the pics above, it looks like my hair is blonde when it's not, haha.  Also, since there are still pops of teal in there, people thought I had done my hair for Pride.  

While this may not be every day makeup, I had a lot of fun with it!  I may continue doing more extreme posts like this in the future, whaddaya think?  Hope you guys had a great weekend!!!

Also don't forget to join my NIVEA contest! It's going on all month. a Rafflecopter giveaway Have a great day everyone!

13 comments :

  1. Nice!!! Is it alright if I pin the last pic to my LGBT board on Pinterest? That is so pretty, you are very talented. I would have just had a big ol blur.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And sure, feel free to pin this. :-)

      Delete
  2. So pretty... My type of look... Bold and colorful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! I was definitely going for colorful, haha.

      Delete
  3. I love your eyes they are so pretty and doe like! Love the colors too. It was Pride weekend here in Chicago as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, mi amor! How is Chicago Pride by the way? My company also has a store in Chicago, but I've never been out there.

      Delete
  4. The result is gorgeous, really nice with your eye color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I think I might continue to play around with bright color combos!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you honey, when I was younger, I wanted to either be Rainbow Bright or Cyndi Lauper. I guess that hasn't changed, haha.

      Delete
  6. omg hunny bunny, this is amaaaazing!! please do more looks like this, it suits you sooo well :)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW this is AMAZING!!! I really really love it!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowza! Amaaaaazing eyes! Stunning eye makeup, I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment below, I'll try my best to get back to you!