Google

6.20.2012

Hair Spam! (PIC HEAVY)


   Remember when I had gotten my hair done, and I said I would try to get more color put in?  Well, I definitely did!  I went back and had pink, purple and yellow ombr├ęd (real verb?) in.  I purchased Manic Panic Amplified hair color in Hot Hot Pink, Electric Banana ( I wanted to go for neon hair) and Ultra Violet.
I had wanted to do a purple, pink, yellow gradient but it would take too much bleaching to achieve.  Before using Manic Panic, I had been using Pravana hair color.  Let me tell you, that stuff lasts!!! One year later and my tips are are pastel pink instead of blonde.  Mind you, before this, I had already bleached my hair twice...

There are some more pics so keep clicking!


Hot Hot pink , which looks rather reddish on me, but it'll fade to pink.  Also you can see some of the Electric Banana.

 More of the Electric Banana, it looks warmer toned than it really is. 
A close up of the yellow, in the sunlight it practically glows!

Hot Hot Pink is one of my favorite colors to use.

My friend/stylist also mixed  Ultra Violet with  Hot Hot Pink at the tips.  Here is what the full gradation looks like.

There are still pops of green/blue thanks to the teal.

My teal highlights are still holding up, even after 2 months.

As you can see, I love multi-colored hair, haha.  I have really thick wavy hair so I know that my hair can take the bleaching.  Also,  I don't really heat-style my hair, I prefer to let my waves to their thing. I try to take really good care of my hair, washing it 1 or 2x a week with color-safe shampoo and conditioner.  Just wanted to share a few of the haircare tips with you!  I did this about two weeks ago, but haven't gotten around posting it until now.  Trust me, it's still holding up!  The fading hasn't really been noticeable (Manic Panic will fade like a mother....)

Are you a fan of bright colored hair?  Do you chalk or use clip-ins?

Also don't forget to join my NIVEA contest! It's going on all month. a Rafflecopter giveaway Have a great day everyone!

18 comments :

  1. WOW Your hair looks GORGEOUS!!!
    I think I need that too! I wonder if it'll work for me though....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally pictures. that looks really hot adri. Omg I have to send you this pic I saw. Light blue with lavender tips. It looked so crazy. I want to do it. But I don't want to bleach my hair. -__-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, send it over, I wanna see! You can just try adding a tint to your' hair with Manic Panic, it's a vegetable dye.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's a lot of fun.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks, I always think people should try this at least once!

      Delete
  5. Your ombre hair reminds me of Rainbow Brite, love it! I'm always envious of people who can put so much color in their hair and maintain it. The maintaining part is too much to add to my already too much maintenance routine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha, I wanted to be Rainbow Brite when I was younger!

      Delete
  6. I've been so tempted to do this! I just need my hair to grow a little bit longer. I've also been tempted to dye my hair a softer shade of black and do some navy highlights!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should go for it! Maybe do a blend of navy, purple and dark teal? it gives the hair an almost oil-slick effect? I loved having purple in my hair. And it can be done with out too much lightening.

      Delete
  7. It looks awesome! I love how the ombre goes from color to another. Great job! I have an ombre myself now but it's just dark brown to a dark blonde. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! I also like those types of ombres too, I'm lucky that my job doesn't really mind what color my hair is. So it's my excuse to go crazy, lol.

      Delete
  8. Hiya! I've had just about every hair color invented lol I used to only use manic panic, but then I found Punky color which is now my favorite. At the moment I have SPLATs lusty lavender, and wow, for being a "store brand" its lasted a long time! Soon I will be trying ion color brilliance in the Teal. I love your ombre look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I feel like I've done it all too. I've never tried SPLAT, hmmmm may have to go that routine next time. If you want some color that really lasts, Pravana Color Silks don't play around. Like I said before, my hair was still pink a year and change later!

      Delete

Feel free to comment below, I'll try my best to get back to you!