Google

6.14.2012

Cotton Candy Eyes (PIC HEAVY)


Hello everyone!  I figured I wanted to post this up before spring is technically over.  I don't know about you, but I've been loving all the mint and coral, as well as pastels showing up everywhere! I also love my 88 Matte palette.  So why not not combine the two?  I also wanted to play around with an ombré lip.  To me, the whole look reminds me of cotton candy, haha.


First I started by using a white primer all over my eyelid.  Since I didn't need this to last, I went with NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Cottage Cheese, to add a little something extra to the matte shadow.  You could also use NYX'S Milk Jumbo Eye Pencil for something completely matte.  I recommend using a true primer as these will crease over time.  I also applied Cottage Cheese to my waterline.

  
  Then using an eyeshadow brush, I selected a mint colored shadow from my 88 matte palette and applied that all over the lid.  I also used NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Lime on the bottom of my eye.  Can you tell I love these pencils?


   Using a dome shaped brush, I applied a light candy pink in my crease, using a windshield wiper motion.


   Since I wanted the focus to be on my eyelids, I went with LA Splash eyeshadow pigment in Baja Sand, a lovely golden nude shimmer, on my browbone.


  I wet a eyeliner brush and applied a matte aqua color to half my waterline, over Cottage Cheese.


   Here's a pic with my eye closed so you can see all of the colors I've used.


I then used 2 coats of Benefit's They're Real mascara (my latest obsession) on my top and bottom lashes.


   For a little extra glamor, I went with Ardell Demi Wispies.  These are soooooo easy to wear, you can't even tell that they're on!  But I wasn't done yet...


   I tried my hand at ombré lips as well.  I started out with Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar in Divine  ( it's described as a "true pink flamingo") in the center of my lips  Then I used Digitalis ("a pink tinged lavender") on the outline, blending both with a lip brush.  The effect was rather subtle so I patted a light purple eye shadow from the palette until I got the purple you see above.


Here is the full result, after applying a little blush (NYX Mosaic blush in Plummy).  While I think this was a lot of fun to play around with, I would only wear one or the other if I were to leave my house.  I think I want to play around some more with ombré lips, maybe with different shades of pink...  Besides, we're all allowed to go crazy in the spring time, no?  Plus, I need to start getting my look together for Pride.  We make a huge event out of it at the store, handing out paddles and buttons.  There's nothing like Pride in the Village...

Do you prefer colorful eye makeup or colorful lips?

Also don't forget to join my NIVEA contest! It's going on all month. a Rafflecopter giveaway Have a great day everyone!

13 comments :

  1. I really enjoyed this tutorial and the eyes look really lovely in the pictures. Great job! Light Green Turqoid and a light pink? Perfect combo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the eyes! It's such a soft, yet really bright and fresh look. Not super obnoxious but definitely noticeable and works really well with your skintone and hair. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very very candy like :D Love the ombres lip though, that was the highlight of the look!! I want the OCC lip tars now, so badly!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both your eyes and lips. I love bold color but I tend to stick with just using two colors...I think thats my safety nunber. I need to try and be a lil more adventurous. Your lips are great too, I would only wear one or the other as well. If I have bold eyes I usually keep my lips bare or soft and vice versa. I still need to buy me some lip tars! I've been obsessed with looking at them ever since you posted your face of the day on twitter with Ophelia. Its on the top of my list once I find a job :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colourful eye makeup for me anyday! Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for the tutorial! I LOVE this look. beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the pink in the crease!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty look! The lid color is my favorite :)
    merrybellyland777.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is amazing. I love the lips.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Im loving the eyes!! sooo cute!!! plz ck out my blog:
    http://getglam.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is dreamy! I love the eye makeup so much. Mmm, cotton candy.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment below, I'll try my best to get back to you!