Google

5.10.2012

Review: Cailyn Liner

I love how navy liner makes my eyes look brighter and whiter!
   So I think I ::may:: have found my Holy Grail Eyeliner... For reals...  I've tried all types of eyeliner, from pencil to liquid and gels.  My biggest issues was tried to find a liner to stay on my waterline.  I would try all different approaches like using eyeliner and then setting it with eye shadow, etc.  While I love doing makeup, I don't love doing it twice.  I'm not a fan of having to touch up my make-up but I always found myself having to carry around an eye pencil.  That all changed once I discovered the Cailyn Cosmetics booth at IMATS NY (see, I'm going through my stash little by little)


   For this navy cat eye, I primed my eyes with NYX Eyeshadow base in White.  I then applied a light pink shadow from my 88 palette all over my lid.  I then used a satiny beige from the same palette on my browbone.  I then dipped my brush in Cailyn Gel Eyeliner in Blue and lined my eyes, winging it out a bit.  I then lined my waterline with the same color, and then applied some Bad Gal mascara.



   I wanted to keep the focus on my eyes so I lightly used NYX Mosaic Blush in Paradise and NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Toyko ( a light pink) to finish the whole look off.

   I took my time writing this review because I wanted to see if it really would last.  Cailyn Gel Eyeliner includes the brush (it's part of the handle), it looks like the Revlon Color Stay gel but bigger.  I decided to take a chance and purchased the navy blue color (seen above) and the black.  They also offer green, bronze and dark brown.  What I love about this gel formula is that it goes on pretty opaque in one swipe.  Also it literally glides on, you don't have to tug on it.  The brush makes it super easy to achieve a subtle or dramatic cat eye.  And the best part?  Once you let it dry (about 30 seconds-ish), this baby doesn't budge.  As for the waterline,  it doesn't irritate my eyes (I wear contact lenses) and lasts pretty long (about 8 hours to be precise).  I only experienced fading on my waterline, but only after 6 hours or a little longer.  I don't think that's bad at all!

   All in all, I must confess that I love this liner.  I was previously using Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Perversion, but I find myself reaching for this liner more and more.  I still used Perversion once in a while though.  I really don't have any complaints about this product except the price.  I nabbed both liners at $15 each at IMATS, however it retails for $21.  I'm used to drugstore prices so anything over $15 blows my mind, haha.  I would love to see a wider array of colors but they have the basics down.  

What do you consider to be your Holy Grail eyeliner?

 Also I entered INGLOT's "Faces of New York" when I was at IMATS.  Please help me win by voting and clicking the "+" sign.  Thank you so much!!! Here is the link : http://ow.ly/i/AR5I

20 comments :

  1. great you found your perfect liner :-D

    i use the essence one's and they stay on my waterline forever, too! (and it's very cheap - 3€)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, trust me it was a long search, haha. I'm so curious about Essence but I'm not near an Ulta and I wouldn't know where else to get it. Cheap (when it's good quality) always wins in my book!

      Delete
  2. Woot glad you found that!!! It looks great on you :)

    My holy grail would simply be being able to wear eyeliner. I once had a girl in high school put eyeliner on me like my face was a cloluring book. It was frightening. So now I stay away from eyeliner unless I HAVE TO wear it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That sounds like a traumatic experience ;( I felt the same way about blush at one point.

      Delete
  3. My holy grail eyeliners for now are the Urban Decay 24/7 pencil liners. This looks SO pretty on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I was using the Urban Decay 24/7 liners but this works so well. But I still have my eye on some of the brighter color 24/7 liners.

      Delete
  4. I skipped over the Cailyn booth when I was at IMATS NYC and now I'm regretting it, after reading this review! Hopefully if I get a chance to fly out to IMATS LA I will be able to go to their booth then and check out the liners... that is, if they'll be there. I'll have to check the vendor list again :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, definitely check them out! I almost walked past them as well, super glad I didn't... Are you going to The Make-Up Show?

      Delete
  5. The blue liner and pink shadow combination is totally not something I would have thought to try, but it looks gorgeous on you! <3

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Funny enough, I don't have an issue with navy liner but pink eyeshadow feels weird to me, lol. So this was a bit out of my comfort zone, I'm going to keep playing around with it.

      Delete
  6. You have HUGE eyes!! I envy you so much.....
    There is no way in the world I would be able to wear eyeliner on the top area AND the bottom area of my eye :-(
    Your makeup looks gorgeous and I love it with the light lip color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hav you used a nude eyeliner on the bottom? It works wonders!

      Delete
  7. This is stunning! You have amazing eyes!

    Found you on Blog Hop and am now following! Love the blog name!

    Sharleena xx
    markedbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, love! Loved your blog as well!

      Delete
  8. Thanks for following me!!!
    Checked out your posts and you sure have a sense of humor haha! :D lovin the winged liner here xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Humor is what keep me sane, lol. Thanks, this liner makes it so easy to do.

      Delete
  9. You have such amazing eyebrows!!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girl, that liner is HOT! I am freakin' stoked to follow your blog and see a fellow sex toy reviewer out there. It was a struggle trying to figure out how to do it on my site but I'm excited to keep it real :)

    Hope all is well!

    Liz
    simplenests.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I agree, it's a struggle trying to incorporate that aspect of it without seeming crass or ::gasp:: obscene! I'm still trying to figure that out myself. :)

      Delete

Feel free to comment below, I'll try my best to get back to you!