Google

5.11.2012

NOTD: Soo Nails and and Avocado Milkshakes


In my neon leopard post, I mentioned a nail polish company called Soo Nails. They are super cheap (no more than $3) and are a decent quality.  Today I wanted to show another polish from them.  This one is called # , if I were to name it, I would call it Avocado Milkshake.  It totally looks like the avocado milkshakes my husband makes.  But enough about that, lets talk about the polish...  # is a yellowed green creme color.  The application on this was great! I only had to use two coats, it wasn't streaky at all. I don't have any dupes of this in my collection but it looks like Sinful Colors Adventure Island, at least according to swatches I found online.  If you know of any other possible dupes, let me know.



Please excuse the lobster hands!  I swear my hands do not look that red in real life...  I really love this color, it's not your traditional "pretty" color.  Next time, I'll see how it looks with glitter over it.


  

And since I mentioned avocado milkshakes, let me explain how delicious they are.  Mr. R. hails from Brasil, where avocados are treated as fruit, and are mashed with sugar and cream, made into mousses, or milkshakes.  To me, I always eaten them as a savory side like a slice with rice and beans (very Puerto Rican) or my Abuela's homemade guacamole (the only exception).  I was never a HUGE fan of avocados (the irony of growing up with an avocado tree in my grandparents' backyard).  Needless to say, it blew my mind when Mr R declared he was going to make an avocado milkshake...  I have since enjoyed many a shake since then.   

And now let me pass on my hubby's Avocado Milkshake recipe:
1/2 of a ripe avocado (he says the smooth-skinned ones are creamier, but use whatever you have available)
2 cups of milk ( if you want a thinner consistency, use more milk)
5 tablespoons of sugar (or sweeten to taste)

Then blend all of the ingredients together.  That's the basic recipe.  However you can tweak it and make it your own.  I sometimes like adding a banana and vanilla protein powder, other times I add a little bit of Nesquik.  One thing, I recommend making a large batch and freezing what you don't use.  Otherwise the avocado oxidizes and doesn't look pretty.


28 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. I'm slowly coming around to that point, haha.

      Delete
  2. I heard about using avocados in veggie smoothies (if you are a health nut like me), it makes the consistency really nice and thick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, this makes for such a creamy shake, it's perfect for dessert.

      Delete
  3. Nice green color! Very lovely for the summer time. :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I'm not usually into cremes but the color drew me in.

      Delete
  4. Cute nail polish!
    I have never tried avocado milkshakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it, very tasty. Let me know if you do!

      Delete
  5. I love avocados! That shake looks delish...I'm going to try it! Love the nails as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please let me if you've tried it! It's so yummy.

      Delete
  6. Avocado milkshakes?! That's BRILLIANT! That has never occurred to me... I'm writing down that recipe and buying some avocados the next time I'm at the store. Can't wait to try it.

    The mention of avocado milkshakes might have overshadowed it, but I do really love your polish... I adore the milky yellow/slightly green look. Gorgeous. I wonder if it's similar to the OPI shrek release from a while back... I think it was a green tone yellow called Fiercely Fiona. This seems a bit brighter and more pastel going from memory, but I could be wrong. Lovely, anyways!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you've tried it. At first I thought it was a weird concept but now... I thought Fiercely Fiona may be a dupe but the swatches online make it look brighter?

      Delete
  7. I tried avocado milkshakes when my mom came back from a one month trip to Brazil, and I have to say I didn't like the final oily consistency of it... Now I only tried it once, I should give it a second shot, for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, I've never had that happen. I wouldn't like it either, but maybe try it again. Buen Provecho!

      Delete
  8. That is such a pretty color!
    I dont like avocados... but i did do an avocado mask on my hair this week... AMAZING!

    ~Sherine
    Check out my blog, comment, and follow if you like!
    Confessions Of A City Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad I picked it up. I haven't done an avocado mask in a while but aren't they great?

      Delete
  9. lovely color :-D the only downside with most cheaper polishes is they are difficult to remove ;_;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've definitely come across bad cheap polishes. Thankfully this color wasn't one of them. Since it was a creme, removal was super easy.

      Delete
  10. OMG!! I totally forgot about Avocado milkshake!!! My mom used to make it when I was little and I haven't had it for yeaaaaaaaaaaars!!! I really gotta fix this soon!! Thanks so much!!!

    Oh and that polish color is amazing. I love all those milky yummy creamy colors this summer... apparently :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doooooooo it! My friend also makes ice cream with avocados and coconut milk, it's amazing.

      I'm also in love with either milky colors or neons, haha.

      Delete
  11. I saw that brand in a lot of beauty stores and haven't picked any up. After reading your review, I think I need to get some!~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how you like them, I've never had any problem with application with this brand. I only wish they had more info, at least a website.

      Delete
  12. Ohh, nice color. It really does look like avocado milkshakes.
    (^^,)

    ReplyDelete
  13. daaaahhhlinggg, I'm so glad i'm not the only one familiar with Soo Nails!!! Isn't it a fabulous brand?? The quality is superb and the price?? I hardly ever use anything else!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!!! I'm wearing their neon pink right now! I don't think I've ever come across a bad bottle from them. i don't know why they're so underground...

      Delete
  14. Ooh what an interesting colour! That avocado shake looks good, might have to try it! I'm a new follower from the blog hop, I hope you'll hop over to my blog too x :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely try it! loved your post on GlossyBox! xx

      Delete

Feel free to comment below, I'll try my best to get back to you!