Google

5.07.2012

NOTD: Neon Leopard Nails


   I know I've been a bit lax about posting, will you forgive me?  I was reading  Lacquered Lover's latest post and I just had to do my own version of this.  I am not one for detailed nail art (I'm much more into layering).  But she made it seem so simple, what did I have to lose?  


   I decided to do a neon version because well, subtle is not a word in my vocabulary... I started by using the mini Color Club in Age of Aquarius, which I had received in the April Birch Box. I love the mini bottle since I doubt that I would finish a full bottle.  Like most neon polishes, it's hard to capture the true color of this polish.  It's bright aqua that leans a little more blue than green.


   I have quite a few Color club polishes, while some of them can be hit or miss (I'm looking at you, Covered in Diamonds!),  Age of Aquarius is a definitely a hit.  It applied perfectly in two coats, and wasn't patchy or thick, something common in neon polishes.  I then used Mattese Elite in Neon Thunderbolt (neon magenta/purple) and Soo Nails in #170* (neon pink) for the spots.  All I did was dab a few random spots on my nails. I then used a Sally Hansen nail art pen in Black to out line the spots and add random spots.  You can also use a striping polish however I feel like I had more control using the pen.


Just slap on some top coat and there you go!  Super easy leopard nails.  

*Soo Nails is a cheapie brand that can be found in random beauty supplies around NYC.  I wish I had a site to refer you to, but they don't have one.  I'm slowly amassing quite a collection of their polishes, especially their foils.  I do wish they named their polishes instead of numbering them.

Also I entered INGLOT's "Faces of New York" when I was at IMATS.  Please help me win by voting and clicking the "+" sign.  Thank you so much!!! Here is the link : http://ow.ly/i/AR5I

10 comments :

  1. I love how this came out! You did a great job! And where do you find this Soo Nails polish in NYC? I'm an NYC girl too and would love to try some!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found it at the local beauty supply where I live in the Bronx. I think I've never paid more than $3 for them. The bottom of the label says they're manufactured in Flushing?

      Delete
  2. These are too cutee!! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool. I love the funky colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I wanted to show how pretty Age of Aquarius is. I might try a neutral version next.

      Delete
  4. Ok, now I will have to try this one too. It looks so good!!
    And I totally love the color combo you chose for this one!
    Oh, and voted :-D Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh, you should, such a pretty color! and thanks for your vote!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment below, I'll try my best to get back to you!